• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

Isn't building soil fun? I swear, sometimes I get more enjoyment out of making compost than I do growing peppers. I love forking it into my raised beds and thinking about what's living in those little microbiological terrordomes I have created. Seeing mycelium as white as driven snow and mushrooms the size of dinner plates erupt overnight in July is always cool, too.
     Good to see seeds are hooking for you promptly this year!  :party:

************BREAKING NEWS******************

Hogleg sent me some seeds to add to my grow.

THANK YOU SIR!!

New to the heat mat are:

Farmers Jalapeno

Jalapeno Gigante

Red Rocoto

Nu-Mex Barkers X-hot

Aji Margariteno Linberg

Ethiopian Brown

Craig's Grande Jalapeno

Today we got two more to hook

Peach Bhut

photo_002-1_zps9ulh3ikh.jpg

Reaper

02794-02-1-1_zpsyomylupp.jpg

Farmers Jalapeno √

download_zpshhwywvbx.jpg

Jalapeno Gigante

chili_seeds_jalap_gia-1_zpsp33ovyhx.jpg

Red Rocoto

download%202_zps4w3jx2qk.jpg

Nu-Mex Barkers X-hot

28-1_zpslocukoxf.jpg

Aji Margariteno Linberg √

download%203_zpsa55wb8nk.jpg

Ethiopian Brown √

images_zpstxwpfrap.jpg

Craig's Grande Jalapeno

Pepper-Craigs-Grande-Jalapeno-IMG_6942%201-1_zpsqn2i7gna.jpg

"AJI MARGARITEÑO"

They are originally from Venezuela, Margarita Island, from which get their name from origin. While grown commercially, are little known outside the island, and sold a small scale and only locally.

It is a very tasty chili, which can be compared to red pepper, but more fragrance. It is not spicy. It is classified within the group called Sweet Peppers (like our red, yellow or green peppers or our calahorras).

Their colors range from bright red and orange pass, light and dark, green yellow, mixtures of various colors and salmon pink. They are small in size and particularly. They are used in all the ways we use the peppers, including making fillings.

The plant has a single type of pepper, which in the maturation path goes through the different colors: green, yellow, orange, salmon and finally bright red. Since flowering and maturation does not occur simultaneously in all the fruits, the coexistence of different colors on the same floor is observed, and even within the same fruit as it ripens, making this variety as showy than many a grown for ornamental purposes besides cooking.

The small size means it can be grown in areas where summer is short, because it reaches maturity in just 30 days of sunshine.

Sowing: We recommend placing the seeds in nursery or pot, keeping them indoors if there is risk of frost or low temperatures
Take between 7 and 14 days to germinate. After 30 days of heat needed. To find out if your area there's still time to sow and get the fruit in season over, you should calculate in relation to this data.

Once plants reach about 10 inches, you should transplant them to their final destination.

Should you prefer to keep them indoors, you should use pots of a size not less than one liter per plant.
They prefer sunny or bright places.

Been busy replanting from the baby cups to the bigger solo cups. My count is at 26 plants in the bigger cups (where they will stay untill plant out). Several of them were twins or better. So I now have 4 farmers jalapenos. I always put a few seeds in when I plant for a better success rate. This year my seeds have gone nuts.

Back