• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

Two more hooked:

Aleppo

aleppo-pepper-plants_zpspvdqc4mc.jpg

Aji Margariteno Linberg

download%203_zpsa55wb8nk-1_zpsgjixbadu.jpg

0214161437-00_zpsojcluiew.jpg

Taking orders for copies of my book

Read along childrens poetry w/ cd

I've sold over 100 copies and my son learned to read using this book.

$25 + $5 shipping. Includes cd

Pretty stoked.

I have been messing with the garden soil to amend it in preperation for March plant out.

My plan was to add gypsom, lime, worm castings, chicken manure, and finish with a few bags of potting soil.

I have added the gypsom and lime. I also covered it with leaves (partually composted).

I have been talking to THP members and nursery people and found that BAT GUANO is awesome and RABBIT MANURE is tops as well.

I priced bat shit and found it was really pricey.

Nurserys don't have rabbit shit. :(

After making some calls and really trying to find anyone that raises rabbits I remembered that my brother in law works with animals.

He is bringing me a HUGE garbage bag full of bunny pellets on Saturday.

YEAAAAAAAA :) :) :)

I also found out that rabbit manure can be used fresh. No need to wait.

I'm not gonna have to add so much amendments now!!!!!!!!

Saving money is GOOD.

giphy1_zpsfd7a13f8.gif

"Yo ryme, i'll come and shit around the place if ya like"

Rymerpt said:
Brother in law brought me a HUGE garbage bag full of rabbit poop. Maybe 70 lbs.

Is it just the turds or is it mixed with litter pellets? If its mixed the pellets I would cut it into the beds as soon as possible, give it time to mellow. The pellets absorb their urine which has a fair bit of ammonia. Rabbit shit is awesome! It makes HUGE amounts of available nitrogen=Luscious very green plants

Having no luck with a few seeds on the heat matt I've decided to take a couple away: chocolate fatalli, purple jalapeno, a bum reaper, a bum yellow naga reaper

I have added three new huge naga, two new craigs grande, two new jalapeno gigante.

When we turned the soil and added the rabbit shit we had found a freshly killed squirel in the yard that day. I had a hole were we had pull out a small dead tree. We buried the squirel in that hole. Well today I thought id start an experiment. The native americans would put fish in the hole before planting corn why not a squirel. Hogleg has been bugging me about planting Manzano and had sent me seeds. Today I added more soil (rabbit shit infused) and mounded it a bit. Into this I planted about eight Yellow Manzano seeds. WORTH A TRY :cheers:

Thanks HOGLEG

0306161220-00_zpswbitd3qv.jpg

Ps. I think the squirel was killed by the nieghbors cat

:dance:                       :dance:                            :dance:                              :dance:                               :dance:

I'm really stoked to hear this, great work Ryme, you da MAN! My Yellow Manzano is going into its 5th or 6th year and is ripening pods as we speak. I get more pleasure out of growing pubes than any other species. 

Back