• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

20160904_174038_zpslaz0ifrz.jpg

One thing I realized from the end of last season till the start of this one ,
think about preserving peppers , not just growing , picking and eating!
More drying and pickling is a must.

Took a close look at my garden this morning and found that it's doing a bit better than I thought. My reaper has several small pods coming on, a nice size yellow Naga was hiding, the Craig's giant jalapeno has a few, both bishops crown plants have pods, the ghost plants are going nuts and all seems well. YEA!!!!!

Robert - finally got a chance to peruse a few grow logs -
looks like a super season for you.  Loved your foodies!

the church chili cook-off looks like a lot of fun.  Way to spread
the word, my friend!

I used to eat Monte Cristos at the restaurant where
my mother worked when I was a tadpole. But, they
didn't look like that !

It should have a couple slices of swiss on each slice of bread and then ham in the middle. I chose to use the whole package of swiss cheese (14 slices). The result was oooey gooey AWESOME.

Made an absolute banggnnn chili!

Not exact, but I'll try to explain what I did from memory:

80/20 ground beef
Spicey pork sausage
Stewing beef in cubes
Two large yellow onions
1/2 head of garlic
Red bell roasted
Two anahyme roasted
1 poblano roasted
5 red chyane roasted. SORRY ABOUT SPELLING
ONE BIG GNARLY NAGA
2 teaspoon super flakes
1 teaspoon peach but placenta powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked reaper powder
Salt/pepper
1/4 cup vinegar
2 packets Lowreys chili mix
1 packet Mcormics chili mix
Large can crushed tomitillo
Two cans diced tomatoes
Two cans tomato sauce
Two large cans pinto beans

Browned meat then added onion and garlic and a packet of chili mix. Roasted all peppers and added after they cooled a bit. Salt/pepper. Added tomitillo, and another chili mix. Added all other ingrediants. No water was added. After simmering for a couple hours I drained off some of the liquid to help thicken.

REALLY YUMMY FOLKS

I HOPE TO WIN!!!!!

Back