• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

It has been one year now in our new home. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

20150509_160842_resized-1_zpsty0y2zid.jpg

13342016_10206486762116407_1189771113_n_zpsbl0sliop.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01, on 06 Jun 2016 - 7:49 PM, said:

And for the throwdown? I never thought I'd see the day when I vote for a veggie burger against real beef burgers (especially those of the caliber y'all were droppin' in here,) bud damn. I had my doubts when I saw the ingredient list. But once I saw you get to work, you schooled me. Hard. Buddy, it takes some real, serious skill to turn those humble veggies into the masterpiece you brought here. As soon as my wife and I saw it finished, we looked at each other, cried a little and I knew this vote's fate was sealed.
No dis to any other contestants intended. But Given the choice, I would've opted to take a bite out of Ryme's creation before my own. And mine was, without question, the best burger I've ever made/eaten. That pic of the freshly fried patties put a tear in my eye. Every piece of that burger was perfect for its place. Even the yogurt on the top, I imagine that really rounded out the flavors and added a tangy creaminess that just set it all off. Much respect, Rymperpt.
This one was hard. Bacon wrapped onion rings? popper stuffed elk patty? Chicken and fire roasted hatch pepper empanada buns? Blackened f**king Lionfish?!!! :shocked: :drooling: You people brought a crazy A-game. A very tasteful, crazy A-game.
If THP was in a burger throwdown against any other cooking website, we would embarrass them.

Just harvested seven beautiful ghost peppers. Our church is having a chili cook of today and the paster asked me to bring some peppers. His idea is to alow me to school folks about the possible heat options that the regular Joe is not aware of. I made my chili doable for average folks, but am bringing the heat. I will set up a table with jalapenos, fresnos, serranos, thai, manzanos, habeneros, and ghosts. It will be an education station showing the progression of heat. I will also show whole peppers, halved peppers, and have small dixie cups with pepper pieces to sample. The table will also have a first aide station with fatty dairy to attend to the pussies.

GONNA BE A HOOT

0619161021-00_zps2gxttev9.jpg

Did not even place. Good chili to be had.

0619161020-01_zpsy5ztwefa.jpg

Hot hot hot

0619161020-00_zpsdlczdwdj.jpg

Packaged and locked during service

20160619_112806_zpsqrtkysjn.jpg

Lots of sample cups

20160619_112754_zpsfvldz69l.jpg

Gloves and milk at the ready

20160619_113017_zpswfpifrdv.jpg

Ester wanted a couple ghosts in her chili

Overall people were afraid of the heat, but some braved the ghosts and loved them. About killed the jr paster with some ghost. He burned about 8 min. Lots of milk helped him.

Fun fun fun

When my wife became pregnant with our son fifteen years ago I was the one to have the cravings. I sought heat. I had been able to eat kinda hot up till then, but all of a sudden I could not find anything hot enough. I went seeking a chilihead community locally. I never found that "local" community, but stumbled upon THP. I went into the welcome thread and bitched about seeds ( for the hotter peppers) being about a buck a piece on some sites and e-bay. I was pissed because I was not a gardener, I lived in an appartment, and the good seeds were a buck a piece. SMILEY (Mike Hess) answered my welcome post with a chuckle and offered to send me seeds. Shortly latter I opened a package with seeds and powder that I had never even heard of. I remember eating a 1/2 teaspoon of maruga powder (thought id try a little). I nearly died.

Now at 9k posts, THP and the grand pepper comunity that I have found here has made me known locally as "the pepper man". I supply friends and nieghbors with much needed powders and create pickles and goodies for their tables.

PEPPER PEOPLE ROCK

That's why I grow peppers

OXTAIL IN THE CROCKPOT

20160717_131347_resized_zpsdvmb21jm.jpg

About 2/3 lbs oxtail

Three bunches green onion

One full garlic bulb

One package pho bullion (all four cubes)

Six star anis

Teaspoon peppercorns

Five large carrots

Four red jalapenos

Six fresnos

Six long red peppers (cayanne ?)

Eight fresh garden tomatoes (golf ball size)

Fresh ginger (thumb size chopped)

Water to cover

Low and slow all day

It didn't burn my TONGUE

20160807_143627-1_zpsq3dcbm3d.jpg

One beef tongue

One medium onion

Four garlic cloves

2 bay leaves

Salt to taste

Four Aji pineapple

Three Tepin X Lemon drop

Water to cover in crock pot

Low and slow for all day or over night

Salsa

One medium red onion

Four garlic cloves

Chopped cilantro

Two hot house tomatoes

Juice of one lemon

Salt to taste

Two red jalapenos

CONSTRUCT

Peel meat from inside the tongue

Blister corn tortilla over gas stove

A couple spoon fulls of meat

White onion slices

Cilantro

Salsa

ENJOY

LEMON TAQUILLA SHOOTER

Carefully top and bottom a lemon

Ever so carefully hallow out lemon

Rim lemon with margarita salt

Fill with PATRON

SHOOT

REPEAT

SHOOT

REPEAT

The tongue was remarkable tender and full of flavor YUM!!!

The shooters were AWESOME & fun

Back