• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2016 LIBRARY GARDEN

IF YOU HAVE A LIBRARY AND A GARDEN WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Workin on the library. Got two bookshelves and three large storage bins for $100. Making big progress. I may be able to plant seeds tonight. Now I will have room for the seedlings in the library. Library is a cat free zone ( its ok I haven't taught the cat to read yet anyway.) Seedlings will be safe.

Thanks for joining me on my journey!!!

This glog will be picture heavy and full of lots of highs and lows. ( my life tends to rollercoaster quite a bit)

If you have followed my last two years here at THP you know that we are in a new double wide trailer and I now have space for a decent garden.

My seedlings will start off in the library and eventually either enter the 10 foot X 5 foot garden or go into 5gal buckets.

I will amend the garden soil with a couple bags of potting soil, a bag of worm castings, and a bag of chicken shit.

There will be lots of picks so hang on tight.

This years grow list coming soon.

This is a better picture of my son's blue hair.

13023630_10206193093614878_194427361_n_zpsybpmb4rl.jpg

Each year corporate teams two offices against each other for a "steak and beans" compitition. The office with the most sales in a 4 month period gets a steak and beans party. Looser gets chicken. Company wide the focus is on trying to win the steak prize. Corporate also asks for recipe submissions to fuel the fire a bit. I submitted a crockpot spicey bean with hocks recipe and won company wide. I got a 20 gift card and bragging rights:

0503161723-00_zpsfnogfryi.jpg

Congratulations! My wife made a huge batch of red beans last weekend and it was loaded with pork hocks. Hocks and beans were made for each other. Any chance of getting your recipe?
     Good luck winning the steak dinner!

That was the first time I even wrote it down.

Basic

Soak beans (any kind will be fine) in cold water over night

Rinse beans in morning place in crockpot

Put smoked ham hock on top of beans

Add a cut up large onion

Add Two cloves garlic crushed

Table spoon habenero powder ( chiliheads add your favorite heat)

Table spoon smoked paprika

Table spoon mexican oregano

Table spoon cilantro

Table spoon cumin

Salt and pepper to taste

Cover with water

Cook on low all day

Eat for dinner

cathee said:

Woah that farmers jalapeno is a funky looking pepper! Never have seen or heard of it before. Very cool!!! Looks like a potato haha   :rofl:

Rymerpt said:
You can eat the skin

I'm growing these this season and I cant wait too see and taste them.
Hope the raining will soon be over or nothing will grow though.

How are your's doing?

13239311_10153669165940677_6418507276845594997_n_zpsywzng1pb.jpg

13179256_10153669166000677_8171202920361607656_n_zpscho0bexk.jpg

0514161819-00_zpszrsbqmlm.jpg

Had a taco party today

Fresh calamari

Fresh Red snapper

Chicken

Ground beef

D3's mango pineapple salsa

D3's pickled onions

Picco de gallo

Cabbage

Raddish

Guac squeeze

Shiracha mayo squeeze

TB's Baja squeeze

Sour cream

Queso

0515161102-00_zpszg4g53xa.jpg

I had 16 left in the greenhouse. Some got bigger shoez. Gonna give a couple away and pot up about four more a bit later.

Back