• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Beautiful stuff Charles! Always excited for your grows. Can wait to see more of the alligator and also how your pink tigers come out. I have a few "pink tigers" sprouted now so it will be interesting to compare.

Those are some tough-looking plants Charles! Once it warms up and they get hit with some natural rain I bet they really take off! Keep on truckin' bro!

maximumcapsicum said:
Nice pot ups. Looks like you selected the winners. Do you cull the rest? How do you evaluate the younger plants for the traits you want?

Thanks!  I have limited space, so it makes the selection process a little bit easier.  I usually like to start maybe 30% or so more than what I can pot up and then I decide which to keep when the time comes. 

Spicegeist said:

Thanks!  I have limited space, so it makes the selection process a little bit easier.  I usually like to start maybe 30% or so more than what I can pot up and then I decide which to keep when the time comes. 
Nice to have help in selection process, I am my own worst enemy....purposely start too many to account for select-ability,casualties....and dare I admit, it puts off the decisions of selection AND lets you at least start a lot of the ones you really are excited about.My problem, before I'll cull, my shovel ,ever longing for attention, seductively hints....hey, just a few more holes at the end of the rows.........lol.

The plants are looking good, and good luck with "selection".That Rocoto x Manzano was a great idea.

OCD Chilehead said:
Beautiful looking plants. Starting to bush out nicely. Is that there final pot size?

Pulpiteer said:
Those look beautiful! Looks like they are getting some good sun. Are you most likely done with frosts where you are at?

Portuge said:
Feeling in nicely, love the sea of green..

Yep, they're in their final pots and we're all done with frosts here.  Now I just need to keep them watered and hope they get just enough sun... my patio is a little shadier than I'd ideally prefer.  I guess after a few generations I'll have shade adapted varieties ;)

Spicegeist said:
Yep, they're in their final pots and we're all done with frosts here.  Now I just need to keep them watered and hope they get just enough sun... my patio is a little shadier than I'd ideally prefer.  I guess after a few generations I'll have shade adapted varieties ;)
Thanks for the reply Charles. I was wondering if I grew different generations of the same species every year, if they would adapt to my environment. I have heard of certain varities that grow well in colder climates, such as my own. I can't recall off hand though. That gives me something to think about.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Chuck

Back