• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks for the reply Charles. I was wondering if I grew different generations of the same species every year, if they would adapt to my environment. I have heard of certain varities that grow well in colder climates, such as my own. I can't recall off hand though. That gives me something to think about.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Chuck

It can't hurt to try, right?
stc3248 said:
Just stopping in to comment and follow...will try to catch up later!

Hey buddy... sure, sounds good!

Spicegeist said:
A couple years ago I made a Yellow Bhut cross and shared the seed with a few people, but this is my first growing it myself.  I pollinated the flower with Primo pollen and pollen from another variety, looking at the results I'm pretty sure it was not the Primo.

It just sprouted, but thought I'd show the fruit instead.

Here's how it grew for cmpman1974 and Sanarda.

I'm coming a bit late, but i have to tell you: i'm absolutely in love with these yellow ones!!! 

Hey Charles!  What's up with your plants?  They all look the same!  Damn Happy, as usual... :P  

Hope your season goes well, and the cross god's bestow your progeny with greatness!

Guitarman said:

I'm coming a bit late, but i have to tell you: i'm absolutely in love with these yellow ones!!! 

Yeah, these are pretty nice.  I have two plants going this year.  With luck I'll have seed to share when the season is over...

capsidadburn said:
Hey Charles!  What's up with your plants?  They all look the same!  Damn Happy, as usual... :P  

Hope your season goes well, and the cross god's bestow your progeny with greatness!

Hey Mike, nice to hear from you!  Thanks... they're starting to grow a little better now that the weather has been consistently warm...

I agree. Nice formation Charles. I don't know about the crease. I've never grown much NM varieties. There's a farm not to far from me I go and pick NM and Jalapeño. It's really cheap. So I grow Super's and stuff I can't find around here. That's a cool site link.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Chuck

Nice looking pods Charles! The crease you mentioned is pretty typical of the New Mexico varieties... they're 2-lobed usually. You should be into color with your pods before you know it.

stickman said:
Nice looking pods Charles! The crease you mentioned is pretty typical of the New Mexico varieties... they're 2-lobed usually. You should be into color with your pods before you know it.

Thanks for the confirmation Rick!  I'm really liking how easy these are to grow, I think I'll keep a NM type on my list every year from now on...

Back