• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

As my compadre TB has already mentioned....

SR!!!! You MOTHERf**kER!!!!

I think instead of SR you shall now be referred to as MF!!!

My wife introduced me to Pecorino recently and it is awesome!

That's a great looking sandwich...with a bunch of fatty meats all slapped on top of each other like a scrum at a naked rugby match. 

frydad4 said:

That's a great looking sandwich...with a bunch of fatty meats all slapped on top of each other like a scrum at a naked rugby match. 

Stop it  por favor.

Nekkid man rugby.

WTF?

I gotta' take a time out on other dudes hairy asses.

texas blues said:
Allow me to honor you for a moment sir.

Your grillin' pics of half n' half grill/flattop/plancha are the sheeit!

Hear me now 'bleed me later.

You don't need me or THP to be an influence.

You do what you do like you do.

Like a motherf**ker!
 Thank you senior. Rest assured, the grillin' and cookin' of "sheeit" will continue, pics an all.

frydad4 said:

Yes Frydad, Pecorino is awesome, you need to get some that has some decent age to it though. For my liking anyways. If you look at the money shots, you'll see holes in the cheese. They were in the block of cheese I sliced it from.

Oh, I see your avatar is Chris Lilley. Scenes for the Angry boys show were shot only a few hundred meters from my house. Grans house is there too.

MF.

Shorerider said:
Oh, I see your avatar is Chris Lilley. Scenes for the Angry boys show were shot only a few hundred meters from my house. Grans house is there too.

Lol in Dunt!! That's awesome!
Most people in the States don't know anything about Chris Lilley. He's a genius!!! His comedy is an acquired taste, but his acting is spot on. 
I spent a considerable amount of time working in a place EXACTLY like the Spazarus house, and Jonah is SPOT ON the kids I was dealing with. (Ja'mie is annoying).
Summer Heights High. Jonah from Tonga and Angry Boys can be found on HBO on-demand to binge watch I recommend them in that order, only a few eps each.

Carry on with the hairy-man-ass rugby sandwiches!!

Chicken Cordon Brown

I came up with a sandwich to feature Lucky Dog's newest creation, his brown label "ridiculously tasty mustard chipotle hot sauce".  A chipotle rubbed and grilled chicken breast, some fried tavern ham with serrano bbq sauce cooked in, swiss cheese and a generous amount of LD's Brown Lable.  

This sauce pairs perfectly with the chipotle chicken, the mustard goes with the ham and swiss.  Awesome flavors, full official review of the sauce coming soon.

102_0185.JPG

102_0186.JPG

102_0187.JPG

102_0188.JPG

102_0189.JPG

Back