• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

grantmichaels said:

toast the outside, the inside, or both? =)

At least the inside but that's just my taste.

I find that toasted bread/buns hold up better to juicy/ooze factor.

Case in point.

Cook a burger to MR and serve it on white bread.

Cook a burger to MR and serve it on toasted white bread.

I loved my dear sweet mother's homemade burgers on plain squishy white bread but

they always fell apart from the juices.

But might as well knife n' fork 'em.

The family that toast's together stays together.

Deathtosnails said:
I couldn't gag my way past a soggy blood soaked white bread burger.  Toast that mofo to get a good hyrdophobic layer going on.  Layers like bacon and cheese help too

Si senor.

Toasted squishy bun is the onliest way I roll.

I hate the red stained bun! But I don't need to toast and don't always do, don't like to ruin good fresh bread, and the burger is juicy, not bloody! High heat quick cook, the blood cooks to brown and the center is MR. Squeeze it, just clear juices with some fatty brown, no red. That's how I roll. I like it like that!!!

The roll can be toasted but I still hate red juices. Up your fire mates!

The Hot Pepper said:
I hate the red stained bun! But I don't need to toast and don't always do, don't like to ruin good fresh bread, and the burger is juicy, not bloody! High heat quick cook, the blood cooks to brown and the center is MR. Squeeze it, just clear juices with some fatty brown, no red. That's how I roll. I like it like that!!!

The roll can be toasted but I still hate red juices. Up your fire mates!

In the 70' and 80's there were a bunch of TV show's with K names.

Kodiak.

Kolfachs'.

Kojak.

Now there's a new one.

Kotex.

About a detective that solves a crime once a month. 

Sometimes two.

Season premier has him investigating a burger joint that serves rare bloody burgers 

on shitty ass white buns.

texas blues said:

In the 70' and 80's there were a bunch of TV show's with K names.

Kodiak.

Kolfachs'.

Kojak.

Now there's a new one.

Kotex.

About a detective that solves a crime once a month. 

Sometimes two.

Season premier has him investigating a burger joint that serves rare bloody burgers 

on shitty ass white buns.

Sounds like you were watching Alice....... and Mel was making rare smashburgers.......... Flo took him down..... now her nickname is Heavy Flo.....

:rofl:

homer_backs_away_bushes.gif

Back