• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest September ThrowDown HoDown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all need to define "outdoor cooking" a little better.

Can I take my stainless steel comal outside and fry fish in it on my propane burner?

Does it mean just bbq or grilling?

Last week I "cooked" tomato's on the dashboard of my truck for sun dried's.

That's kinda outdoors right?

Been lookin' for an excuse to buy a new grill......

Consider your wish granted. Now go get that new monster grill! ;)

FD- someone could have an electric smoker, I'd consider that to be outdoor.

How about any kind of outdoor cooking, but no using the kitchen stove (be it gas or electric), or other typical indoors cooking appliances like microwave or toaster oven.

Gas grills/bbq's, wood, solar oven, campfire, charcoal, electric smoker, gas grill with electric rotisserie thingy, cast iron with briquets, one of the disposable grills from Wallyworld, white gas Coleman camp stove, single-burner camp stove, really big Bic lighter, wooden drying racks in the sun.....what else did I miss?

I am in (partial) agreement. I like "wood or charcoal as a heat source" - that's a good limitation and should make it challenging.

You can grill your pineapple on a tail pipe, they just slide right on. Funny grill marks tho.
Your dish could be named "The Back Door Black Hole of Pineapple Orgasmic Exctasy... Spam Free"

Last week I "cooked" tomato's on the dashboard of my truck for sun dried's.

TB, TB, TB. You get in your pick-up one of two ways,
sober, thru the doors, (all rigs have two of them)
or fall into the bed.

Your sun dried tomatoes were cooked "indoors"

Just sayin~ Boss likes these details hammered out.

crock pot out, cast iron dutch oven IN! for the WIN!

My cast iron dutch is enameled......blue!

You all are Casty Snobs - if it's not black, well.....nevermind, I'll just rig some alder branches together with cedar cordage and cold smoke my own trout - that I'll wade into the river and catch bare handed. And you all will weep at its awesomeness.

Carry on! :D

I'll just rig some alder branches together with cedar cordage and cold smoke my own trout - that I'll wade into the river and catch bare handed. And you all will weep at its awesomeness.

Thats like full on caveman sheeit.

Or in your case, cavewoman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS42Na2mpc

You forgot the box of wine! Actually, tonight I have a bottle of wine. TB stole my last box. Damn him!

Also, this is no joke. If it is outdoor cooking, I am truly making an entry with SPAM and hot dogs. I mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back