SFRB - $10.00 - One day only - Aug. 21st

AJ Drew - you came on strong in this community which I appreciate!  Got my box today and well done!  I like how you labeled all of the pods.  Not sure if that is the standard as this is the first box that I have ordered.  Thanks again  :dance:

AJdrew thank you! and again Happy Birthday. I  ended up working a short shift tonight came home to a nice surprise and the couple boxes of peppers I ordered arrived, little bit of everything in the boxes, Hell I was looking for the kitchen sink but I did not find it. Had some red and yellow ghosts some bubblegum, brainstrains, reapers, scorpions, some morgua red, and red sav. Add in all the little space fillers and Wow man you outdid yourself in my opinion. The little space fillers both red and yellow, ran them underwater and gave them a good clean, popped on of the little yellow in to chew on while I prepped the rest for the freezer. Man lit me up pretty good... plenty of heat in them der peppers!

Thanks again!

Got my box yesterday. Beautiful selection of peppers! I think I will be keeping the seeds from the "AJ's Standing Viper" pods and growing them next year! ;)

Miacova, I try to make the mixed boxes as much of a sample box as I can.  Like the chocolate boxes.,  Wife wanted me to figure out a way to make a map of the box for the lid.  I settled on labels.  Still kind of dream of finding a way to get boxes made with little slots but figure it would be damn expensive.

Oss, hope you got the note in the box that encourages people to do it and explains I am not completely sure what they are.  I keep growing them and trying to separate out the colors.  I have not had the best luck.  Have grown one of the red ones inside with no other peppers in the same room, gave me yellow pods.  Saved the seeds from those yellow pods, some turned out to be red.  Oh and occasionally they wind up looking completely different, more like the naga viper should.

Was hoping some people who like screwing with things like that would get them.  Lets me know I am not alone.

AJ,

I had ordered peppers from you before and was very pleased with what I received. I did save quite a few of the seeds from those little red and yellow "AJ's Standing Viper" pods  How big do those plants get? I really liked the over all flavor of the pods. I have limited space (apartment) my deck is fairly large and I think I have room for about 4 plants.

My grow list so far was going to be.
Chocolate brainstrain.  Seeds saved from peppers I got from Cappy this year
Red Brainstrains from Judy
And just a normal Jalapeno

ajdrew said:
Miacova, I try to make the mixed boxes as much of a sample box as I can.  Like the chocolate boxes.,  Wife wanted me to figure out a way to make a map of the box for the lid.  I settled on labels.  Still kind of dream of finding a way to get boxes made with little slots but figure it would be damn expensive.

Oss, hope you got the note in the box that encourages people to do it and explains I am not completely sure what they are.  I keep growing them and trying to separate out the colors.  I have not had the best luck.  Have grown one of the red ones inside with no other peppers in the same room, gave me yellow pods.  Saved the seeds from those yellow pods, some turned out to be red.  Oh and occasionally they wind up looking completely different, more like the naga viper should.

Was hoping some people who like screwing with things like that would get them.  Lets me know I am not alone.

They seem to only reach about a foot and a half.  On just a normal jalapeno, I frigging LOVE jalapeno.  Not all that hot, but they are thick and meaty.  I use them in half of what I cook.  My favorite all around version is the Early Jalapeno.  Big thick slices cooked up with onions and potato are meal enough for me.

I am with you on the Jalapeno, I've always got some fresh somewhere, some pickled, some powdered,  and even added some to bread and butter pickles this year (perfect to mix in with Tuna for sandwiches). As for the plant size sounds like I found my 4th plant.

ajdrew said:
They seem to only reach about a foot and a half.  On just a normal jalapeno, I frigging LOVE jalapeno.  Not all that hot, but they are thick and meaty.  I use them in half of what I cook.  My favorite all around version is the Early Jalapeno.  Big thick slices cooked up with onions and potato are meal enough for me.

miacova, have you ever tried skipping the cucumber and just pickling the jalapeno?  I have done bread and butter style with Early Jalapeno instead of cucumbers.  First batch was soggy.  Second batch I used the pickle crisp stuff and they were spot on.  Not to hot to munch at all.  Now I will say that unlike other spicy food, once they are sweet like that I did not think they go well with blue cheese dressing at all.  Kind of disgusting that way.  Did the same with dill and they went well with blue cheese.  I think it is the sweet that makes them not go well with my stand bye.

Oh yes Pickled Jalapenos are done the same time I do regular dill pickles every year. along with Jalapeno and Habanero jelly :) 

Back