• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver_Surfer's Soggy Setback 2013

When the ground almost gets dry enough to work, it rains again.
Soggy5-6-13_zps48858a8e.jpg

Plants are long past ready and beginning to get root bound.
Plants5-6-13_zpsccad1e1f.jpg

More rain today. At least the SE no longer suffers from a drought.

Yea i was surprised and he actually made it quite a bit bigger, I measured it again...25 X 28 so guess that means a shit ton of plants next year.

SS I hate to say it...but I think some of your hornworms may have hitched a ride to my house. I cut 7 in half, they were all on the plants you gave me.Time to bbreak out the soap water it seems

Dang SS, you got the pods going on. That Yellow Primo is killer, Jamie sent me a pod off if his plant, great flavor and killer heat. 

Love the Black Pearl, it's a beauty for sure. Are the pods any good?

Wow, stunning Black Pearl.  That is what I thought I
was getting when planted mine from THSC. but the
pods were all elongated and pendant.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
First Time for me growing black pearls and they are great peppers. All your plants look great. What's the UBMC

Thanks King. UBMC?? Ultra Badass Marine Corp :)  Maybe ya mean UBSC = Unknown Brain Strain Cross

adamk2212 said:

Wow, just wow, I'm going to have to get my hands on those seeds for next year. Keep up the awesome stuff.

Shoot me a PM, have plenty of seeds.

coheed196 said:
Yea i was surprised and he actually made it quite a bit bigger, I measured it again...25 X 28 so guess that means a shit ton of plants next year.

And the year after it will increase in size again. ;)

coheed196 said:
SS I hate to say it...but I think some of your hornworms may have hitched a ride to my house. I cut 7 in half, they were all on the plants you gave me.Time to bbreak out the soap water it seems

Only found 3 so far in my garden and only one of those was on a chilli plant. Those huge moths do get around though.

RocketMan said:
Dang SS, you got the pods going on. That Yellow Primo is killer, Jamie sent me a pod off if his plant, great flavor and killer heat. 

Love the Black Pearl, it's a beauty for sure. Are the pods any good?

If ya can get past the seeds (lots of em in those small pods, so remove first)  they aren't too bad for an ornamental. Quick sting that fades fast with a slight sweet flavor. I grow em for looks; too many other varieties better for consumption. One of my Yellow Primos is yellowing up, so I'll get to sample one soon. Thanks

melted said:
horn worms run for the hills lol it happens sometimes

Squish em a little and drop on a fire ant bed.
insane.gif

PaulG said:
Wow, stunning Black Pearl.  That is what I thought I
was getting when planted mine from THSC. but the
pods were all elongated and pendant.

Got plenty of seeds Paul and you're welcome to some. PM me and perhaps we can work out a seed swap. ;)

30 day progress update.
Thirty days ago plant set out was completed, several types of vegetable seed were buried and wheat straw spread.
Garden 6-3-13
Strawspread6-3-13_zps6c9c5429.jpg

FULL SIZED IMAGE

Garden today 7-3-13  Japanese Kamo eggplant was slow to germinate and is a very slow grower.
Garden7-3-13_zps1e92ff41.jpg

FULL SIZED IMAGE

Squash will be ready to pick in a couple of days.
Squash7-3-13_zps8cfe0f8a.jpg

FULL SIZED IMAGE

Have a few pod shots with a bump.

Awesome, man!  Looks pristine.  I spy ripening pods on the SS and the Yellow Bhut.  Possibly something with color at the bottom of the Bahamian Goat?

As always, great update!  Really good looking pods, can't wait to see all the nasty harvest shots in your future!

Wow, that's a lot of growth in a short time!
When the whole garden is filled in, it will be
a veritable jungle of heat and love!

Awesome work, buddy!

Comparing the taste of other Yellows,what would you say the TSMB Yellow taste like? Still in search of the BEST tasting Yellow. Although I do have some contenders that will be sampled by seasons end :)

Looookin Gooooooot!

SS, I just ate my first ripe Sepia Serpent. You sir, are a cruel and inhumane individual for breeding a pepper like this. The hottest I have ever tried. Everywhere hurts.

Thank you! :fireball:

Wow! Fantastic growth you have going on there!

Very nice garden! AND pods already ripening, not bad my friend!

Back