• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKERS Roaring Into The Twenties GLOG

skullbiker said:

According to the seed packet, they are supposed to be Jamaican Yellow. Three different pod phenos from these plants.
Okay, Now that you said that, I see some
pods that resembled my red JA Red Mushrooms
from last season. I'm trying to get a yellow plant
going this season.

Short garden walk before lunch. Picked a pocket of pubes and the first of the Sriracha Hybrid Jalapenos.

7BF6F94E-AD1E-4E14-B834-E56D9B099DB8.jpeg

I took a few pictures of the Rocoto Wall before the torrential rains hit after lunch.
A couple of Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto plants.

235D92CD-309B-41C7-B599-4A741E6C114A.jpeg

3A4E5BE8-5A68-45C4-A5CF-D9459653060A.jpeg

Pods coming along on the Monzano Giant Red Rocoto.

1F31F51A-7B15-4EAA-A0A8-79E4B982DA15.jpeg

How many pods on this Rocoto Montufar?

F56ED8EE-B5AB-40C5-893C-DB43339F44DE.jpeg

One of the Rocoto San Isidro plants making pods now.

52A3A9DD-70D1-42A1-8094-D515CD2FDFF6.jpeg

I now have 21 Rocotos potted up, 5 to go as soon as I get more dirt.

Peppergator said:
Those Rocotos are absolutely stunning! Beautiful job!
Thank you. We will have to see how they do now that the hot wet season is upon us. Three inches yesterday in 2 hours.
How are you doing with your horrible water problem? That is one problem with mostly flat, low Florida. How are your home or buildings, did they take on water or are they on higher ground?

skullbiker said:
Thank you. We will have to see how they do now that the hot wet season is upon us. Three inches yesterday in 2 hours.
How are you doing with your horrible water problem? That is one problem with mostly flat, low Florida. How are your home or buildings, did they take on water or are they on higher ground?

You must be a bit north of me, we lucked out yesterday and missed most of the rain. I'm running pumps to move water, but I feel as if its mostly just making me feel better. All of our buildings and home is dry but our plants are all definitely struggling. Hope you can avoid some rain today and dry out as well! 

Picked a few more peppers today when it quit raining. 
First row: the first pods of Gelbe Riesen Giant Yellow Rocoto & a couple Devils Brains
Second row: Rocoto Montufar
Third row: Rocoto Equidorian Sweet & a few Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon
Fourth row: one pheno of White Habanero
Fifth row: another pheno of White Habanero, this is like the ones I grew years ago & a different pheno of Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon

45CDA7E1-E02B-46AE-BB13-C2407750AAC2.jpeg

That second pheno of Indian Carbon pods have small but hard bumps/points all over them, it is not as clear in the pic as when you feel them and see them up close.

C75499BE-E751-41D1-B880-EB74C421104F.jpeg

BDASPNY said:
great looking pods!  you've got an amazing assortment.

Thanks.
I have slacked off on the super hot varieties the last few years, I do not eat complete fresh super hots and have no plans for that. I make most of them into powder to add to food. I like growing all the peppers that can be actually used as a meal so lately a lot of bells, sweet peppers, and good peppers to pickle or ferment into sauces, etc..Lately Rocotos have gotten my attention so I have gotten a bit heavy into them. 

skullbiker said:

Thanks.
I have slacked off on the super hot varieties the last few years, I do not eat complete fresh super hots and have no plans for that. I make most of them into powder to add to food. I like growing all the peppers that can be actually used as a meal so lately a lot of bells, sweet peppers, and good peppers to pickle or ferment into sauces, etc..Lately Rocotos have gotten my attention so I have gotten a bit heavy into them. 
makes perfect sense to me. that's pretty close to the type I grow.

this is my first year trying to grow rocoto's. I managed to get three types growing. I have high hopes on them.

Meet up with SB today, and he is honestly one of the most generous and knowledgeable people I have ever met. I owe you BIG man! Thank you again for all the goodies! I will keep you updated as I run through them.

6a96e7b90910ebe73737f4e25fd45260.jpg

Pictures below: 3 Orange Fatalii, Ecuadorian Rocoto, Tibetin Lhasr, and 3 avocado starts!

d41d93c74dcef35ff123ca8b707a267d.jpg

33f79f2238b6f5b16a433ae0b3c03329.jpg

6f2727f296f1cf62bd459ceb47c50c2a.jpg

Still munching on Cowboy Candy as we speak. Absolutely delicious. Words can not describe how much I appreciate everything you did for me today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back