• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sleeper 2020

Hello everyone,

Hope that everyone is doing good!

I wanted to start this grow log a month ago but been busy. I forgot to save my early on photos from seed start but oh well here is what I did save up to now.

I will be doing things different this year.

Last season I went organic route for growing and enjoyed the process however it was a lot of learning. Also last season I went with drip irrigation and built out my own set up which was interesting to learn the durations and how often was the best to water. At the end of the season I had it down. I also used 7gallon fabric pots.

Soo this season I will be skipping the drip irrigation, the fabric pots( well maybe only use 4or5) I will be continuing to grow organically and up my game with using data from soil tests to add amendments to the grow area. So planting in ground this season and brew my own tea. For watering I will be tapping into a few sprinkler lines and running soaker hose.

Game plan: 110 plants

Roughly 58-67 different varieties

Still a large amount of work to be done with cleaning up my grow area.

(Excuse the photos with grow lights on)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two of three grow areas are completed just have 48 plants left to go out of the 110.

Looks like the dog might have killed off my yellow primo.... guess that means I got 16 spaces remaining.

d2900ecafbcc65da8aa68f2595fe90fc.jpg

54022b999e81a8cf1907424fb4dd6445.jpg

Man so I tried to not to over do the watering and now have a handful dealing with some heavy transplant shock which is sad to see. Few I might have got to rough with the roots

Sleeper67 said:
Man so I tried to not to over do the watering and now have a handful dealing with some heavy transplant shock which is sad to see. Few I might have got to rough with the roots
I have found a little boost from ‘plant starter’
or ‘transplanter’ goes a long way to preventing
transplant shock when planting out. Also sometimes
called B-1. Every major manufacturer makes some
kind, usually a liquid.

Mr.joe said:
They are pretty tough, most if not all will snap out of it

Indeed. They can snap back from some pretty
dire circumstances. I should know, I have seen
them do well in spite of my efforts  :rofl:

I’ll have to look into the B-1 I have used Thorvin kelp on certain plants and all got compost tea and seaweed watering but the ones with Thorvin are looking strong. Also all got MYKOS and azomite

dd6c570207269c25637667313c4c5fe5.jpg

This is an older photo but you get the idea 5 more plants to go out soon however something ate one of the 6 a BBM

PaulG said:
The Pink Tiger cross looks like a great pepper.
Thank you, yes I have enjoyed it as a nice snacking pepper last 2 seasons but they always got longer and more narrow this season they got wide and look thicker flesh. So very excited to see how they are ripe.

Have not been doing too good with updating this glog here are some highlights. I’ll have to grab some recents of the plants later.

Back