• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

texas blues said:
Beef short rib are very meaty.

Just don't buy the kalbi style cut from them.

I think it was maybe the very first post in this thread I did short ribs. And failed hard. They were nearly inedible. Not sure what I did wrong. Or I guess what I did right would be a much shorter list.

Is there a special name for the nonshort rib version? Just beef ribs I guess? I want to have at those I think.

Whitewookie said:
Bro, you need to go over and check out the forums at the BBQ Brethren  www.bbq-brethren.com .  Those boys know the smoke.  I go over there a lot.  I tech them about one kind of heat, and they teach me about the other. 

Good looking Q you been doing.  BTW, I think the Weber kettle is the single most versatile grill there is.  I've been cooking on mine for going on 5 years now and am learning new ways to grill every day.

Research the "snake method" on a kettle for smoking and temp control.

VR,
Harold

Yeah, I've actually been to that site a bunch, honestly though, I like to keep it here where I am familiar and all that. There is enough people here who know whats up with some good Q.

The weber one touch is the single most best investment I've ever made on a cooking apparatus. It grills great. It smokes just fine. Only deal with smoking is its quite a bit of maintenance. Espeically wanting to do a brisket. I'd like to do the over night smoke, but that would be impossible, if I wanted any sleep with the weber kettle.

I started out doing the snake method but abandoned it after having trouble getting temps UP to temp. I think I was doing it wrong though, I may just have at it again this next go

HigherThisHeat said:
Is there a special name for the nonshort rib version? Just beef ribs I guess? I want to have at those I think.

The ribs divide into 3 sections.
Left = Beef Back Ribs
Right = Chuck Short Ribs (ribs 2,3,4,5)
Upper = Plate Short Ribs (ribs 6,7,8)
beef_ribs.jpg

I haven't gotten around to posting in here in awhile. But on the 4th I made my 2nd brisket ever. About 16 hours later, it was certainly better than my first.

The only thing I was unhappy with was the bark, or lack there of. It was more just a thick layer of seasoning and didn't bark really at all. but was still delicious and tender. Not the greatest of pics, but better than nothing, I guess.

Did you use sugar in the rub? I find that is the best way and also getting the meat to room temp prior to starting the smoke. I do agree however the bark has nothing on a pork butt!

OMG. That looks so friggen delicious. You did good HTH!

I would eat those leftovers with an egg, pickled peños, and white cheddar on bread for breakfast!

Oh wait. You did. LMAO

Damn dude, y'all know brisky!

Juicy as all HELLLLLL cut against the grain, nice bark... that's one of the best briskies I've seen on this site so far!!!!!!!!

Back