• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

Yesterday I smoked beef ribs and an piece of cassler ribs. Smoked into 8 hours at 180º. As it was late, let cool the smoker until this morning without removing the meat.

2015-01-26%252013.07.48.jpg

2015-01-26%252013.07.55.jpg

2015-01-26%252013.08.26.jpg

2015-01-26%252013.08.39.jpg

Whoa. What kinda butchers you have down there? That's ribs with some of the ribeye from the other side in one!

NEEEDS MOAR JERK on it!!!!!!!!

:)

%over cooked em

If I lived closer, you'd be going hungry. :lol: 

cypresshill1973 said:
Here, ribs in bulk rate include brisket on if they so wish. Butchers prepare cuts as I want when order  to buy whole piece.

Okay so that must be the first pics, the beef ribs with brisket attached. So meaty. That's what Grant and I saw... he said brisket.

Still not sure what I am seeing exactly lol... so untrimmed!

And the kassler is what you just posted. Very cool! Pork ribs and loin in one, and smoked. Makes a nice ham!

I'm lost, too.

In the plated pics, w/ the cukes, it looks like a profile shot of a whole brisket where the fat hasn't been trimmed out of the flap between the flat and the point ...

I think we've found out since that it's really just a slice between ribs, which happens to appear similarly.

In the 4x pics which precede the plated pics, there are two and two pics ... two on steel and two on white plates ...

I thought the top two were ribs, and the bottom two were brisket, but I now see a bone sticking out that looks like a beef spare ... so, I'm confused too, LOL!

Yeah that beef rib that is sliced is what I thought was rib on one side, ribeye on the other, and possibly cut against the bone like short rib for stew. I'm hella confused too. All I know is it's cow lol. I guess there is brisket attached not ribeye. I dunno.

It does not resemble beef plate rib, the big dinosaur rib, at all. 

I order to the butcher an cut the strip-rib of  8inch wide. Usually cut are 2 to 4inch. The bone is under the meat and fat (smoke crust hides), This cut is like a tratitional ribs, but it is wider.

In this pic you can see. My ribs are half what there is observed. The other half is in the freezer.  Understanding now?

asado1.jpg

Back