• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

I just pulled the trigger on PRIME - be here on Sat just in time for a Sunday smoked turkey! 

Sorry HTH - Bobs look awesome 

signed,

friendly out of beer thread jacker

HigherThisHeat said:
No thread jackin bothers this guy

That ET-735 has blu tooth feature right?

I need one of those!
It gets terrible reviews however. I'll wait until their new release, their app is what sucks not the device. 

Yeah ... I'm sure they'll square the app away ... it's probably not even their fault, it's probably Apple making them wait to put out the next version ...

I pre-ordered mine in late October ...

HigherThisHeat said:
No thread jackin bothers this guy

That ET-735 has blu tooth feature right?

I need one of those!

measures liquid temps, so you know what i'll be using it for ....

Teriyaki smoked wings are da bomb, if looking for something interesting. The salt, sweet, smoke all work together.

Marinate them in a teriyaki with fresh chopped hot peppers, scallion, and grated ginger overnight. Basically a very flavorful brine. Put some aside for finishing. Smoke them until crispy, and reduce the prepared teriyaki in a sauce pan until it coats the back of a spoon. When the wings are smoked, toss in the teriyaki. Sesame seed sprinkle. Done.

The Hot Pepper said:
Teriyaki smoked wings are da bomb, if looking for something interesting. The salt, sweet, smoke all work together.

Marinate them in a teriyaki with fresh chopped hot peppers, scallion, and grated ginger overnight. Basically a very flavorful brine. Put some aside for finishing. Smoke them until crispy, and reduce the prepared teriyaki in a sauce pan until it coats the back of a spoon. When the wings are smoked, toss in the teriyaki. Sesame seed sprinkle. Done.

Ok, this actually sounds exactly like the change of pace I was looking for. Except I already went to the store with only a simple brine in mind, and only have 2 of said ingredients on hand! I may have jarred ginger in the fridge though, which would make 3... Hmmmmm. May have to improvise.

And national smoke something weekend?? DONE :high: :cool:

Oh, that's right, this is a BBQ thread. SILLY ME :drunk:

But um, yeah. Lets go check the cabinets

I think improvising food helps when you actually know a thing or two about cooking, flavors and ingredients. Oh well. Lets see what happens.
Yepppp, turns out I should have planned better. I have nothing on hand. I have teryakerekaki sauce, soy sauce. Garlic, and hot peppers

I GUESS I"M NOT DOING ANYTHING SPECIAL OR CRAZY ONCE AGAIN IT WILL BE JUST PLAIN OL SMOKED WINGS WITH WINGS SAUCE

I suck at planning food stuff :banghead:

Dude if you have teriyaki, go for it.

Teriyaki, hot peppers, garlic... boom. You got this. Tastes so good with the smoke flavor. Personally, I don't use garlic, but do whatever you want.

Back