• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Someone please explain all the 7 Pots to me...

madhatter said:
Potawie made a statement on this thread but you wouldnt dare chalenge him. maybe its because i'm new.
No i know its because i'm new. Now thats childish

What unsupported statement did POTAWIE make?

Back on track please. This is about to be closed.

Now, wouldn't it have been easier just to say that you didn't know for sure, but that you have been told that...?:rofl:

I would like to try and grow some of the different strains myself. That would have to be next year though as I presently have my hands full with more peppers than I anticipated this year! :shocked: :cool:

The CARDI pepper research and developement is in Trinidad and they develope new peppers and strains to grow well in the Caribbean.

There was a question asked earlier that no one addressed, and I think the answers would be very informative. What is the difference between stable and unstable?

Stable, the plant breeds true in both form and pod from one seed generation to the next.

Unstable, the plant and pods show random irregularities, which are often mirrored in their ancestry.

That's just my stab at the difference.

Silver_Surfer said:
Stable, the plant breeds true in both form and pod from one seed generation to the next.

Unstable, the plant and pods show random irregularities, which are often mirrored in their ancestry.

That's just my stab at the difference.

+1

So how many different strains would you guys say are out there, stable vs unstable

7pot/pod red
7pot/pod jonah
7pot/pod light green when unripe
7pot/pod long
7pot/pod CARDI
7pot/pod Brain
7pot/pod Yellow
7pot/pod Orange
7pot/pod Brown
7pot/pod Douglah
7pot/pod Barrackpore
7pot/pod SR
7pot/pod White
.....any others????

just a thought, but it could be the environmental difference in the different places they are grown that makes the differences in the plants/pods...

JungleRain said:
So how many different strains would you guys say are out there, stable vs unstable

7pot/pod red
7pot/pod jonah
7pot/pod light green when unripe
7pot/pod long
7pot/pod CARDI
7pot/pod Brain
7pot/pod Yellow
7pot/pod Orange
7pot/pod Brown
7pot/pod Douglah
7pot/pod Barrackpore
7pot/pod SR
7pot/pod White
.....any others????

I have only recently discovered any of the "super hots", so my opinion won't count for much. But, and I'm only spit balling here, some of these sound to me as though they are similar just a slight varient, possibly due to growing environment.

So back to the original question. Are the differences mainly color or shape/texture of the pepper? Any generalizations on flavor or heat or anything else from one variety to the next? I've got a couple young 7 pods going (one's a brain strain) but it'll be quite awhile before I see any peppers.

Back