• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sophomore grow 2014

I will try to keep this updated once a week.My first season was a lot of trial and error.If I had a problem I came directly to the HP for advice to solve plant issues and what to do with the pods harvested,for that I thank you all.I still was not confident I could start from seeds so along with the plants in my closet I will be getting a few from Chillyplants.They sent some very very healthy peppers to me last spring.I also overwintered 6 plants from 2013,3 went to pepper Heaven.
   From my seeds'
    7-pots
   Yellow Moruga
    Red moruga
   Trinidad Scorps
  Choco Ghost
    Live Plants from Chillies
   Red Brain Strain
   Jays Red Ghost Scorp
Naga Morich
 Eds Reapers
Tabasco
Siling Labuyo
Malaqueta
View attachment 10096
View attachment 10097
View attachment 10098
View attachment 10099
  Could not close 2013 without showing my wall of shame,or fame.We will find out when all my fermenting jars get turned into sauce. ;)

Thanks Mig,getting used to the plants outside and not doing my indoor water checks and stuff will take a while to get used to.Now I wake up head straight to my indoor-outdoor temp  gage and see how cool it is.The shade is a lifesaver for the little buggers,they get partial to full sun until noon.After that the shade protects them.By noon they are ready for a break and stand straight back up.I'm on rabbit and dog patrol for awhile,I layed down  pepper around the perimeter to discourage them from messing with my plants.Found dog prints in the tire as I was putting in the overwinters,he was doing what dogs do(digging).

The plants for this year are in the dirt.Storm season is upon us.I believe the fence my shade is bolted to will fly away before the nylon.My seedlings outside took some sunburn from me pushing the envelope,but the worst is over for them.My live plants I got (from chiliplants.com)arrived in fairly good condition.I was very happy that what I ordered is what I got.(I will find out for sure in August)
View attachment 10930
View attachment 10931
View attachment 10932
View attachment 10933
View attachment 10935
View attachment 10936
View attachment 10937
View attachment 10938
View attachment 10939

My frost worries are over from last night.I had covered with ground cloth and a tarp,got up and watered at 615am when the temp was at its lowest(33).Full sun to start the morning,the peppers slowed way down because of a cold week.It is growing weather here after one more cold night.Pic with frost in the grass,which I think I had better start weedeating today,since I cant get my riding lawn mower near my beds. ;)  View attachment 11127
View attachment 11129
View attachment 11130
View attachment 11128

I did not sleep well for a couple nights that week Mig.My uncle who farms Corn and Soybeans lost them all and is in the process of starting over.Such is Mother Nature. :confused:

Thanks Swampy,It's 50% shade made of nylon.It is gamesaver with me working 10hour days and not having to worry about severe thunderstorms that pop up out of nowhere.

randyp said:
post-8253-0-97918800-1401839346_thumb.jpg
Thats a pretty awesome picture man... You better watch out, the house at the bottom looks alive...

My daughter called me told me to hit the basement and save her dog,I told her to hell with that I want to save my peppers. ;) I also told her I can't take pics from the basement.She called me dumb,and she is probably right.

7.2 inches of rain since tuesday.Sun is out and I am in the process of farming the (aphids)farmers.Borax and sugar.

Thanks Rune,the shade did its job.Had to resort to going after the ants since I only have 2 of the 1500 ladybugs that look like the stuck around.My aphids is not a big problem but I want to be proactive.

Back