• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sophomore grow 2014

I will try to keep this updated once a week.My first season was a lot of trial and error.If I had a problem I came directly to the HP for advice to solve plant issues and what to do with the pods harvested,for that I thank you all.I still was not confident I could start from seeds so along with the plants in my closet I will be getting a few from Chillyplants.They sent some very very healthy peppers to me last spring.I also overwintered 6 plants from 2013,3 went to pepper Heaven.
   From my seeds'
    7-pots
   Yellow Moruga
    Red moruga
   Trinidad Scorps
  Choco Ghost
    Live Plants from Chillies
   Red Brain Strain
   Jays Red Ghost Scorp
Naga Morich
 Eds Reapers
Tabasco
Siling Labuyo
Malaqueta
View attachment 10096
View attachment 10097
View attachment 10098
View attachment 10099
  Could not close 2013 without showing my wall of shame,or fame.We will find out when all my fermenting jars get turned into sauce. ;)

I cant wait to get one of them ripe Rune.I did clean up some of the leaves below my forks,it shot growth by a bunch in the humid weather we have had.

Sauces,powders.And a couple tough man contests at work.Nothing better than seeing big burly friends dropped to their knees by a little ole pepper.Ha :dance:

Thanks Chile,with the growth on the move it does give us more to offer to the sight.
SP<Next to the soil,my shade cloth is the most valuable item for my plants.Hail would have destroyed my crop twice this year without it.

Thanks Dew,I started catching up on your grow.I like what you got going.
     To fill everyone in I put 2 pics of my job to see.We make pulleys as big as a house for mines and some as small as the belts that pull your groceries at Walmart.Fed ex,amazon and all those hubs use our pulleys.And your luggage at airports.We are at the top of the pulley ladder in the US,at least thats the bull they feed me.We have an ESOP that  almost matches my yearly salary.That keeps the hooks in me to not look for a new job. ;)
    Enough of that,we got 4 inches of rain since midnight,with tons more on the way here in southwest,Iowa this weekend.May have to pull out the shade for hail and wind saturday.A few pics of the plants growing like crazy,and my overwinters in the tire are about ready to explode.
View attachment 12123
View attachment 12117
View attachment 12121
View attachment 12120
View attachment 12119
View attachment 12118
View attachment 12122

By the way,I found a use for my old dome tent poles when I ran out of bamboo. 

Looking good Randy!

Things should be coloring up around your place very soon. And I hope the weather behaves for you.

Keep it green!

That sucks, but those pods still look pretty neat. Have you tried them? Or are you gonna wait until they change color...?

Thats a pretty awesome job lol, kinda take those pulley things for granted...

Thanks Rune,we will be letting it ripen.I looked on chiliplants websight and it looks like a cajamarca{hab type}.
       Them pulleys are everywhere,They move product in all fields of work.The bad thing about them is they cost jobs,as some of them(jobs} that were manual labor,are replaced by long pulley and belt systems that move product.Such is the Industrial Revolution we live in.

Back