• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

JoeFish said:
Plants are so green! It's probably is bunch of pages back but I'll ask because I'm lazy. What is your light setup?

Thanks Joe.  I'm using 125W CFLs.

maximumcapsicum said:

Got the same thing going on here. Easily by biggest plant. Thinking about trying to get him in the dirt tomorrow. I've stopped pinchin buds.

Looks like mixing the annuum and chinense genes is yielding some strong growers Charles. Wonder if the pods will mature faster than your normal supers.

That's good to hear, I also wonder how the pods will turn out.

So we've been experiencing a little heat wave over here, I left the plants out on the patio overnight for the first time, here they are today:
13586169304_d1852326b0_b.jpg

The mighty C. galapagoense :party: :
13586188024_3298c0cb0b_b.jpg

It's been flowering a little bit:
13585799495_02bc1bde92_b.jpg

Beautiful just beautiful!

Those galapagoense are very attractive. The one I just took out of the Aerogarden is doing awesome. Not showing stress and it has buds and forking too.

Here's what's happening in Spain. When you sent me the seeds I sent a good friend about 5 seeds. He had 3 and killed one by accident and gave 2 seeds to another friend. And here's what he has. Your galapagoense in Spain.

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
Beautiful just beautiful!

Those galapagoense are very attractive. The one I just took out of the Aerogarden is doing awesome. Not showing stress and it has buds and forking too.

Here's what's happening in Spain. When you sent me the seeds I sent a good friend about 5 seeds. He had 3 and killed one by accident and gave 2 seeds to another friend. And here's what he has. Your galapagoense in Spain.

-Walt

That's great.  This is a good one to share far and wide.

So as I wait patiently for summer, I contemplate my 2015 grow.

I'm torn between growing plants just to keep the varieties going, and growing plants for pods to consume that year.  Maybe what I'll do is just grow some in small pots, just big enough to get a few pods with viable seed, and the others I'll put in big pots to get decent harvests.

But how long can this go on?  Am I bound to grow a handful of varieties every year for the rest of my life?  Is that just :crazy:?  Maybe I should start a business or not-for-profit, so I at least have an excuse to keep this up?

What do you think?  Any advice or suggestions?

2015?LOL. And I thought I was the only one thinking about next year. I don't think that's crazy at all. Just passionate. Maybe trading pods might be an option. Then you get to grow the varieties you like and get pods for consumption. Good luck.

Spicegeist said:
So as I wait patiently for summer, I contemplate my 2015 grow.

I'm torn between growing plants just to keep the varieties going, and growing plants for pods to consume that year.  Maybe what I'll do is just grow some in small pots, just big enough to get a few pods with viable seed, and the others I'll put in big pots to get decent harvests.

But how long can this go on?  Am I bound to grow a handful of varieties every year for the rest of my life?  Is that just :crazy:?  Maybe I should start a business or not-for-profit, so I at least have an excuse to keep this up?

What do you think?  Any advice or suggestions?
How about powder good sir? Keep you warm in that ice cold weather.

How about throw a few boxes for auction or something.

Trading pods? There's tons of reasons to keep growing peppers.

My reason is because I love the community and it's a very stress relieving hobby. And of course I love that burn and high :high: LOL.

-Walt

It is fun!  No doubt.  Maybe rotate a couple seasons and germinate older seeds when you need them, but try to have a backup seed source plan if they are poor. 

I may not grow much next year so I can focus on my house exit and sell.  Trying to put it all on the table this year though.

Good luck with your plan sorting.

Or maybe... Portuge and I have you covered on the hybrids LOL, and maybe others here too. If we can help you some guys on here can help you grow what you don't have room for and you can just chill with the varieties you want to grow and of course we can share the goods at the end of the season.

We got your back Lol! You must keep growing tho :D.

-Walt

Back