• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Here's a tiny pod ripening.  Do you think it looks more yellow or orange?

13975901147_f0b3f08dfd_b.jpg

Spicegeist said:
Here's a tiny pod ripening.  Do you think it looks more yellow or orange?

13975901147_f0b3f08dfd_b.jpg

+1 what Jamison said  :P

I always enjoy looking at your grow, Charles. It's like going to a nature conservatory with all the wilds, crosses and the perfect photos. Your patio looks like a great place to hang out.

My sole CAP 501 x Bhut is growing like a Poke weed. It kind of looks like one, actually, except it doesn't have the serrated leaves.….I'll get a nice shot tonight, or in the morning if she's too relaxed  :P

A nature conservatory, haha, I guess I should tidy up a little bit out there ;) .

I think that little pod is transitioning to a nice orange now:
14148348626_6a73a44f67_b.jpg

I won't pick it, just in case it turns red in a little bit... let's see...

Chiltepin x Chintexle F1:
14171562794_367421e5a7_b.jpg

I should mention that I brought my Dorset Naga inside and under some grow lights.  That is probably my favorite plant this season, it's been growing very strong, haven't had any issues with it.  There are a few flowers about to open, once I get a couple of those to self pollinate, I'll bring it back out.  I definitely want to have seed of this next year.

jedisushi06 said:
Sweet you got some Shabu pods forming.  

attachicon.gif
IMG_0452.JPG

Cool, I have another little plant in a smaller pot about to flower, maybe I'll keep that separated and just used that for seed stock.

Excellent looking cross Charles! The BarrackPore X Tiepin from the seeds you sent is looking great. A bunch of pods have set and are starting to ripen. I think its going to looks like red xmas lights when they ripen. Will send a pic your way then.

Can't wait to see some yellow bhuts! That's my healthiest chinense at this point.

stickman said:

I was wondering why there was such a difference in the size of the 2 Lotah Bih plants I set out... it'll be interesting to see what I get from them this year. Cheers!

Ugh, sorry about that... I'll have isolated seed for next year I can share if neither of yours grow true...

Portuge said:
Cool looking pod, packing a hole lotta heat huh Charles? Got 3 pods forming on one of Galapas..

Excellent, I've got a lot of pods on my galapagoense, I'll grow plants from a few different pods for next year...

I think you got a style, Charles, at least outside of your preferred bhuts. I bet alot of these tiny upright pods would go well mashed with some vinegar and stuck in bottles. That's my current plan for the haul that looks to be coming out of that Barrackpore X Chiletepin you sent me. Pods should be ripe soon!

You got a favorite cross this year yet, or is it too early to say?

maximumcapsicum said:
I think you got a style, Charles, at least outside of your preferred bhuts. I bet alot of these tiny upright pods would go well mashed with some vinegar and stuck in bottles. That's my current plan for the haul that looks to be coming out of that Barrackpore X Chiletepin you sent me. Pods should be ripe soon!

You got a favorite cross this year yet, or is it too early to say?

That sounds like a good use for the tiny pods, I may do something similar.  I'll mosey on over to your glog to see how yours are turning out...

As far as the crosses I'm growing this year, the surprise Chiltepin x Chintexle is pretty nice...

Back