• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Spicy food a harmless form of masochism?

Yeah, I think it tends to be naturally liked by people that like endorphin rushes, as well as adrenaline. (Kind of linked I think.) I've got two tattoo's, I've jumped out of airplanes, love going un-godly speeds on motorcycles, and yet like un-godly hot foods. I also agree I think alot of people shy away from pain and honestly I don't really mind it.:shocked::lol:

Pam said:
It's ~windy~~ ~

It's been mild all week, but now that I can get outside, it's gotten coolish. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer.

windy huh...geez Pam, sounds like tough sledding...we have it easy up here, with massive mounds of snow blocking off most of the wind...and of course, the sub zero temperatures pretty much stop you from feeling what little there is...:D

Pam said:
pthppppt!

Just wait until August if you want to weather wank with me!

lol - what, did your computer screen need cleaning ???

After shovelling three times yesterday, I get up to take junior to hockey at 7:00, to find two more feet of snow, plus three feet of compacted snow at the end of the driveway, thanks to the street plow...took 45 minutes to dig out...my back's killing me...:banghead:

Hot Canuck said:
lol - what, did your computer screen need cleaning ???

Well, *now* it does!

After shovelling three times yesterday, I get up to take junior to hockey at 7:00, to find two more feet of snow, plus three feet of compacted snow at the end of the driveway, thanks to the street plow...took 45 minutes to dig out...my back's killing me...:banghead:

Ok, a quote from another thread

of course, the piercing scream any of you might have heard an hour ago, 10 minutes after I finished my morning coffee...well lets just say there were morning after regrets...

So why didn't you just melt the snow? You could, well, doo a public service and scandalize the neighbors at the same time.

Hot Canuck said:
not without a Hazmat Unit...

Ok, it has just occurred to me.

You guys go on and on about "oh, an endorphin rush" and "Yay, the heat was gi-nomous" and all when it's going in one end; but when it comes out, how come I never hear you going on about the endorphin rush and how beautiful the heat is? Why is the pain good at one end but not the other?

How come?

Pam said:

You guys go on and on about "oh, an endorphin rush" and "Yay, the heat was gi-nomous" and all when it's going in one end; but when it comes out, how come I never hear you going on about the endorphin rush and how beautiful the heat is? Why is the pain good at one end but not the other?

How come?
The mucus memberains in the anus are more sensative than what's in your mouth...it hurts a hell of a lot more. ;)

I've never got...god this is going to sound horrable...I've never gotten an anus induced endorphin rush from pooping peppers..........

I've actually become very used to the ring of fire and it's just a mild burn briefly....

imaguitargod said:
The mucus memberains in the anus are more sensative than what's in your mouth...it hurts a hell of a lot more. ;)

I've never got...god this is going to sound horrable...I've never gotten an anus induced endorphin rush from pooping peppers..........

Yeah, see, you're saying it's more sensitive back there, and yet the same pain that has you glowing from the endorphins only has you grumbling when it gets to the more sensitive part. Why no butt endorphins?

I've actually become very used to the ring of fire and it's just a mild burn briefly....

It's all about building up that tolerance, huh?

Pam said:
Why no butt endorphins?
Well, if I had to gander a guess from my experiences I would say because it's not enough of a burn to release the endorphines. It takes me a good amount of heat to get that rush. The bum pain isn't that long or enough.

My guess is the mouth is associated with pleasure - variety of tastes, which satisfy the palate, and also satisfy the stomach, which in turn satisfies the brain. When you eat something blisteringly hot, you do so knowing that you are still providing sustenance, so in theory, you are tolerating the pain in order to continue to exist. Your body reacts as required, and you wind up with the endorphin rush.

Clearing your system - what purpose does that serve? And as IGG said, it generally does not last enough to provide a need for endorphins.

...but it sure can pi** you off...

P.S. congrats to me for avoiding the several available areas for sexual innuendo...the pills seem to be working...:cool:

Pam said:

How come?

I guess I'm in the minority here, but very rarely does that happen to me. My uncle could eat a jalapeno and be afraid of the toilet for days. Me? A man such as myself? It is with extreme rarity that I notice anything at all, and when I do it's never bad. Maybe I'm less sensitive than others.

Hmmmmmm, the question may have gotten an answer although it seemed off-topic.

It would follow if an abnormally large percentage of hot pepper eaters are also tyatted and pierced.

Poll IGG?

I myself have neither anymore, although I did have 3 or 4 piercings in college.

OK, How? lol.

The only time I ever get a ring of fire is if I have sudden evacuation of the intestinal contents. In other words diarhea (or however the f you spell it I don't really care).

Back