• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Damn it Man! It is gonna take me a while to get caught up on these glogs! Not much THP time during my 3 weeks home- I hate it when I can't get on here regularly! What the hell have you people done to me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ????????? ...oh well, at least I managed a few updates.
Those pods shots are looking great Shane, now I'll really have to go buy that much threatened camera-it would be much less painful then relying on the iphone to get sharp image everytime!
The plants are looking lush and bountiful(geez, did that comment come from a shampoo commercial??!!!) so you've been doing them right. I read somewhere that the color 'salmon' in the vicinity of plants helps them feel relaxed and less stressed, and therefore they become 'bountiful'! I suspect you have been using some sort of 'salmon' colored item to entice them?

I am packing the Manzano and De Arbol powder as well as a gallon baggy of hell on this trip. The cooks on this vessel are really great :liar: ....so this "food" will need all the help it can get...everything seems to be a medium brown and of undeterminable origin-no danger of getting fat this trip!The upside is lots of downtime is anticipated, so I can catch back up with the glogs :dance: .
The other 2 pods are a Red Douglah(port side) and a Douglah x Butch T(to starboard,with 'tail')....time to feed bro, have a good un.

Thanks Fernando! I have to pull them when I can. Hard to get caught up on everything on the weekends and get everything treated, fed, smoked and powdered in the little amount of time I have. It was definitely a warm one out there yesterday! Most of my pods are really easy to pull, but the "Not" Pequin and Goat's Weed (my two heaviest producers) are really tough to get loose so I use a pair of scissors and clip them and that takes a while.

Dave my man...I feel ya on the bad cooks underway. I don't know how much "Meat flavored substance" I have consumed over the years. I have spent a ton of time underway in the Gulf and you're at a bad time of year down there. Its either like glass or 6-10 ft seas and HOT! Going to get worse before it gets any better for sure too. Stay safe out there.

Here is the vid I promised...a lot of background noise, I was at a friends house for a get together.
First off here is the pod again.
P1020061.jpg

and now the vid...
The throat burn was terrible. It was kind of a tonsil burn and it lasted FOREVER! May be the hottest pod I've had...I say that a lot though. I didn't have the violent reaction that I had with the Brain off my plant and didn't get the shakes or hiccups as violent but they lasted MUCH longer. I don't know how many more reviews of these things I'll do. The plus side to this one was really no stomach trouble. I drank a glass of milk and had a couple pieces of bread before hand.

On the agenda today is to fire up the smoker and get some of the pods out of the fridge. I am also going to harvest and dry the seeds from all those great pods that John sent along with the other two from Dave and start them drying on some paper plates. Hope I can get enough powder to finally post some up. I also want to run a little giveaway contest on here so be ready!

Thanks for watching!
Shane

Awesome job Shane! That looked like it hurt like an effer! Awesome looking pod too. I'm glad I don't react with hiccups. I imagine they would intensify the burn in the throat quite a bit. So good on you for not only handling the burn in the throat but handling it with the hiccups (most likely) intensifying it.

Awesome job Shane! That looked like it hurt like an effer! Awesome looking pod too. I'm glad I don't react with hiccups. I imagine they would intensify the burn in the throat quite a bit. So good on you for not only handling the burn in the throat but handling it with the hiccups (most likely) intensifying it.
Biggest issue with the Hiccups is its a crapshoot as to whether or not some will end up in your nose (in this case it did) and its hard to talk. I get them if I eat a good Jalapeno, so its really no gauge to heat level for me other than their intensity, frequency and longevity. In this case they weren't as violent as the last brain I ate, but they lasted a LONG time. The burn on this pod seemed to last forever.

Beast mode Shane! I seriously dont know how you do that with even one other person around, let alone a half dozen! lol. I haven't tried the Infinity yet, but I have a few ones that I noticed were turning a few minutes ago, so hopefully by the end of the week I can get one down the hatch.

Great vid man.

P1020084.jpg

This one's for Greg...you asked about these guys. They are no doubt orange, but no doubt have some super lineage as well. Really great USABLE pods. The newer pods are about twice the size of these, but still have that pumpkin look. Thought I was going to lose this plant, but its making a comeback!

Hey Shane,
Are these the pods that came from the chocolate hab seeds I gave you? I remember seeing a previous post showing it this color. If so, I think it could be crossed with the a bhut jolokia. It was grown next to it. That looks like the same orange of the first color phase my bhut had last year. Most of mine last year were green, then that light orange, then a darker orange red rather than a quicker change like yours above. Let the next ones go longer and see if they change again. I find it odd though that it kept the hab shape though but I have different phenotypes on my hab 'children' as well so who knows.

Damn Shane that pod Dave sent ya looked way to scary to eat. ;) U are one tough mofo! The 100 needles in the throat is the worst. Remind me of my first douglah.

I am so happy I don't get the hiccups or I wouldn't know what to do. Looks painful. My wife gets them too. :drooling:

Off to vacay soon I will still be around though just not my usual every hour of the day

Hve a great weekend compadre!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi Shane
Isn't it great to have low friends in high places...
High friends in low places isn't bad either!

" I don't know how many more reviews of these things I'll do."

Hmmmmm. Why don't I believe that? The commentary by the
peanut gallery was as fun as watching you writhe in pain! You
are the man, my friend! Partying with a super hot? Egads!

Seeded the awesomeness I received from Dave and John this morning. Some really scary looking and smelling pods. So much heat processed today it actually burned me through the latex gloves! I noticed some burning on my hands last weekend working with pods, but chalked it up to handling a few before I decided to don the protective wear. Put them on first thing today and noticed the burn about half way through. Triple checked for holes...NOPE! Be warned folks...these peppers are dangerous and wonderfully aweful!
P1020090.jpg

Douglah x Butch T (gnslngr)

P1020091.jpg

Red Douglah (gnslngr)

P1020095.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (Pr0digal_son)...brutal!

P1020096.jpg

a closer look at this bad boy...

P1020097.jpg

Loved the smell and flavor of the Yellow 7 Pots (Pr0digal_son) ...very hot yellow pods! and smelled almost as if I was cutting up a tangerine.

P1020098.jpg

Some of my harvested pods I am going to sauce/powder this weekend. Not pictured are the Goat's Weeds and Pequins...

P1020099.jpg

first couple baskets before going into the smoker.

Here's a couple foodie pics just for giggles...
P1020101.jpg

Time for a breakfast Sammy...Couple Eggs, bacon, turkey ham, Mexican style venison sausage a few Big Jims (roasted, peeled and seeded) and some of Dave's (gnslngr)Yellow 7 Tequila Sauce...not pictured are some mayo and cheese that no sandwich would be complete without.

P1020102.jpg

Here is the finished product...I almost cried eating this sandwich. Very sad its gone...

Have a great Saturday errybody!
Shane

Damnation Shane! Spent a couple hours on here catching up. Sorry to here about the virus spreading but it looks like you are making the most of it. I dig that perseverance man. First, nice looking dog and son. Second, what is working for you is REALLY working. Third, I want to pitch a tent in your backyard and just eat your leftovers. :drooling:

I dig the pod reviews you are setting down. You have great weather for growing. Keep it up!

Wow, great poddage, there, bro! I almost got some burn just by looking at them. The oil dripping out of that carbon is just grotesque!

"Finally passed Paul in page count! :woohoo: Ok...now I quit! See you guys next season..."
:rofl: Haha, my friend. To make this fair you need to take three weeks off while I go on a rampage :D
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Not worth a pic, but I quartered a Hungarian Yellow and a ripe Omnicolor
into a salami and swiss sandwich with a little mayo. They both flavored the
sandwich nicely, but the Omnicolor had an order of magnitude more heat
than the Hungarian. Maybe my Hungarian Yellow just isn't a very hot one.

That infinity looks rough!

my laptop is having speaker issues, and so I didn't catch your description of the flavor. You were very clear though when you said never ever again though *chuckle*

I'm glad to see that the pod didn't "kill you". Geeze. I'm nIbbling on pieces. Don't know how I'd be able to eat a whole pod. Great job and great harvest. Let me know when superman is ready to fly.
Denniz

Shane, Damn fine job bro!!!...I think we now know for sure where the name comes from. I felt the same way...IS THIS GONNA END????? Just when I would think it was tapering off, it would come surging back mercilessly. I think it generated enough tearing that I was dehydrated afterwards....and I drank a beer with it, and the dolphins(slang for endorphins with me) went crazy afterwards!One is enough though for sure. Took damn near an hour to load that vid....but since you ate that monster on video I felt entirely obligated to make it work.I don't usually get the vids to load out here-but the gods have been with me 2 nights in a row.Fantastic job, you made it look easier than I ever could!

That sandwich almost made ME cry! At least the next meal is breakfast-so it won't be brown, between you and Jamie, my stomach is ready to start eating ME if I don't feed it soon!
Have a good one-
Dave

Can't remember where I read it, but I read that capsaicin can penetrate latex, and to use nitrile gloves, like these:

http://www.wisegeek....rile-gloves.htm

My husband had a whole box of them in the garage for working on the cars and motorcylces, so I confiscated a few.
I have heard the same thing. Hard to believe that latex is that porous.

+1 Gregg!

Back