• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

windchicken said:
Really lush, healthy-looking plants there Rick! I'm so glad you're growing the Papa Dreadie...It's such a wonderful plant and pepper...Erin did an amazing job with them...❤

Wow, and those Forbing Nagas seem to be really popping for ya! Thanks so much for growing it! Your grow is part of the F3 population, so there will definitely be some variation...I even have a plant producing yellow pods...
Cheers Gary, and thanks so much for sharing! I'm definitely looking forward to sampling them when they ripen, and bottling them in hot sauce. I'm planning a citrus, onion and scallion sauce plus a peach-based sauce with local peaches and the Bonnets, a curried pumpkin and a tomato-based sauce with the forbing nagas. Thst should cover all the bases, eh? [emoji2]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Cheers Gary, and thanks so much for sharing! I'm definitely looking forward to sampling them when they ripen, and bottling them in hot sauce. I'm planning a citrus, onion and scallion sauce plus a peach-based sauce with local peaches and the Bonnets, a curried pumpkin and a tomato-based sauce with the forbing nagas. Thst should cover all the bases, eh? [emoji2]

:drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

Hi all! It looks like the Rosemary Pepper is the next to step up in my chile garden, so now the Pubes and Annuums are ripening. It'll probably be at least another two weeks before I see color on the Chinense varieties.
Rosemary.jpg

It's time to start sequestering blossoms so I can get clean seed for next year.
bags.jpg

Have a great week all!

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Rick.

Congrats on the pods turning. Good luck with the isolations. I'll get there soon enough. LOL!

Thanks Chuck... we're pullin' for ya now that you got your hoophouse cooled off! :thumbsup:

Walchit said:
All of my isolated blossoms dropped, I think I did it the week b4 it was in the 100s for a few days though, maybe that caused it

Sounds reasonable... Keep on plugging Walchit, it's worth the effort. :)

tsurrie said:
Plants are looking awesome Rick. The weather seems to suit them well now. Soon that dehydrator of yours will be working again huh?
Will be following your progress.. Good luck.
Cheers Uros! I've already pressed the dehydrator into setvice drying herbs. The Principe Borghese cherry tomatoes are next. I'll be making sauces and ferments with the first of the chiles, and the rest I'll dry for powder. [emoji40] [emoji3]

All ahead, forward, Rick!  Your chilis look great, and
you are getting some outrageous pods coming along!  
Looks like a hot Fall in Ricksterville is in the works!

I didn't notice the cupping in the in-ground plants you
mentioned in my blog, have they turned around for you?

PaulG said:
All ahead, forward, Rick!  Your chilis look great, and
you are getting some outrageous pods coming along!  
Looks like a hot Fall in Ricksterville is in the works!

I didn't notice the cupping in the in-ground plants you
mentioned in my blog, have they turned around for you?
Cheers Paul! I'll be a bit anxious until the Chinense varieties start to ripen... It looks like the Piment Cabri is starting to go a bit yellow-ish ATM so hopefully it'll be ready in a week or so.
Taking a good look at the chiles, it looks like it's just the Bonnets that are showing some cupping of the leaves. I'll have to give them a little shade next year and see if it makes a difference.
0803171904.jpg

Devv said:
Congrats on the color! You have the whole month of August ahead of you. ;)
Cheers Scott... Hope you have a great vacation up here in the northeast. [emoji106]

Some of these Forbing Naga pods are bigger than a golf ball! I think the weekly feedings are making a difference.

Picked a few Sungold cherry tomatoes after work tonight.

Have a good night all... Friday's coming!
0803171905.jpg
0803171903.jpg

Hi all, hope you are all having a great weekend. Things are looking up this morning... the first of the Chinense varieties to step up and begin to color is one of the Forbing Nagas in an airpot.
color.jpg

TS Yellow is in full production mode...
TSyellow.jpg

...and so is Randy's Nuclear plant.
nukes.jpg

I think the feeding schedule is really paying off. :dance:

Some great pod action going on Rick and they look nice size as well.
Seasons ramping up nicely now.
Picked my first ripe Gochus and a load of tomato,s off the vines, so got busy in the kitchen. [emoji6]
My first Gochu spicy ketchup.
Cracking flavour Rick. Thank you for sharing.

cb263c361035c6c744708aab07c8bcde.jpg

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Superhot Sim said:
Some great pod action going on Rick and they look nice size as well.
Seasons ramping up nicely now.
Picked my first ripe Gochus and a load of tomato,s off the vines, so got busy in the kitchen. [emoji6]
My first Gochu spicy ketchup.
Cracking flavour Rick. Thank you for sharing.

cb263c361035c6c744708aab07c8bcde.jpg

Most excellent Sim... you're entirely welcome! Glad you like the flavor. How was the heat for you? Did you get any pics of the ketchup-making process? How do you plan on using it? Do you Brits ever put ketchup on your chips? I acquired a taste for malt vinegar and salt on mine when I was visiting the UK in the 80s, and also for pub-style pickled onions to go with cold meats.

stickman said:

Most excellent Sim... you're entirely welcome! Glad you like the flavor. How was the heat for you? Did you get any pics of the ketchup-making process? How do you plan on using it? Do you Brits ever put ketchup on your chips? I acquired a taste for malt vinegar and salt on mine when I was visiting the UK in the 80s, and also for pub-style pickled onions to go with cold meats.
Yeah we like ketchup on our chips and pickled onions with cold meats is perfect partnership.
I cooked everything out in a Dutch pod Rick then blitzed it to get a nice smooth sauce.
Heat was nice heat and a great tingle on the lips.
Be nice on a Bacon roll at breakfast time.

Superhot Sim said:
Yeah we like ketchup on our chips and pickled onions with cold meats is perfect partnership.
I cooked everything out in a Dutch pod Rick then blitzed it to get a nice smooth sauce.
Heat was nice heat and a great tingle on the lips.
Be nice on a Bacon roll at breakfast time.

I can just picture the bacon roll Sim... I like the way you roll. :drooling:  When I get ambitious on bread-baking days during the winter I like to make meat rolls with Anchovies, garlic and Asiago cheese.  I use an enameled cast-iron Dutch oven for sauce making too. It's just the right size and has a tight-fitting lid.
Cheers!

Hi all! I got the weekly feeding done and noticed a few pods with splits and holes in them, so I cleaned out the understory of my chiles to open them up for more light and air.
AnerdzDouglah.JPG
MoA1.JPG
SBrain.JPG
Randy's Douglah.JPG
Dreadie2.JPG
Forbing1.JPG
Forbing2.JPG
Forbing3.JPG

The Piment Cabri I left alone since it seems to do better that way.
PCabri1.JPG

Rosemary pepper loading up.
SANY2542.JPG

A little later I'll be making ChiMaek for supper... Korean hot wings with a gochujang-based dipping sauce. Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Chimaek tonight came out awesome! It had a very crispy batter shell, tender meat inside, and the gochujang dipping sauce with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and  toasted sesame oil was to die for! It was gone so quickly there wasn't time for a "before" pic. :drooling:
SANY2548.JPG

The dipping sauce is what really made it.
SANY2549.JPG

Definitely give this one a try folks... it's so worth it!
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Korean-Fried-Chicken-Recipe

Back