• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

Rick, my friend!  Your grow is totally kicking it!

Going to look like Mardi Gras when they all color up!

Liking your TS Scorps; mine are finally doing what
they are supposed to! Some have wicked tails, but yours
seem a bit larger.

Superhot Sim said:
Lips are drooling Rick, that's true man food. Eating like a boss buddy. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Cheers Sim. [emoji3] Since you like the gochu ketchup so much, try to find some gochujang paste. It's the base for a great sweet/spicy dipping sauce or you can stir it into soups and stews to punch up the heat and flavor.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

PaulG said:
Rick, my friend!  Your grow is totally kicking it!

Going to look like Mardi Gras when they all color up!

Liking your TS Scorps; mine are finally doing what
they are supposed to! Some have wicked tails, but yours
seem a bit larger.
Thanks for the positive vibe Paul. [emoji3] I'm starting to see some color on one of the Forbing Naga's pods today so it begins to look like I'll get a chile harvest afer all... just a few weeks later than usual. [emoji6]

Superhot Sim said:
Found some already Rick will get some weekend. Look forward to trying it.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

If you like it, the recipe for making it is available on the web. It's easy to make... just takes some time for fermentation. The hardest ingredient to find is the Meju powder, but you can make that yourself too if you can find dried soybeans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meju

It looks like my first ripe Chinense pod is a runt Forbing Naga that came out yellow instead of red... that's a surprise, but Gary said that being F3 he expected a little instability.
SANY2553.JPG

Another FN is ripening red which is more expected. So nice to finally have some color on the Chinense pods!
SANY2552.JPG

Have a great Taco Tuesday all!

I made it back!

And you're right about a cool summer for sure. Barely hit 85° on the warmest day on Long Island. Yesterday struggled to hit 70°. So I can see why 'yall up North are running a bit late. But I must shamefully admit I loved the cooler weather ;)  especially with trips slated for this weekend.

I'm supper glad to come back and see all the cool looking pods that have set and that they're getting some color.

So what does the weekly feeding consist of? Whatever it is it's working :dance:
Keep on trucking!

meatfreak said:
Looking stellar, Rick. Good size on that FN!

Cheers Stefan! Thanks for dropping by buddy. :)

Devv said:
I made it back!

And you're right about a cool summer for sure. Barely hit 85° on the warmest day on Long Island. Yesterday struggled to hit 70°. So I can see why 'yall up North are running a bit late. But I must shamefully admit I loved the cooler weather ;)  especially with trips slated for this weekend.

I'm supper glad to come back and see all the cool looking pods that have set and that they're getting some color.

So what does the weekly feeding consist of? Whatever it is it's working :dance:
Keep on trucking!

Welcome back Scott! I can see how you'd like the cooler weather after the sauna you've been living in this summer. :fireball: ;)  The solar mulch has certainly been my friend this season. I think I might have done a little better if I'd left my low row cover up through the end of June, but maybe I'd be having the same issues that Chuck did. Learning all around...  
     The weekly feedings have been 5 gallons of water mixed with the recommended doses of General Hydroponics nutes with a few substitutions and inclusions. https://www.horizenhydroponics.com/files/Instructions/GO-Feedchart.pdf
    I had a gallon jug of Neptune's Harvest fish and kelp on hand, so I swapped that in lieu of BioMarine. I also added the  GH Armor Si in the recommended dosage and a few tablespoons of molasses. Now that I'm seeing color starting I'll just go with the BioThrive Bloom, BioBud and molasses through the end of the harvest.

OCD Chilehead said:
Nice little pod, Rick. I bet it still has some heat.

The bottom pic looks just like the Forbing. Gary was kind enough to send me some pods last week. Great pepper. Had some good heat and taste. Not crazy hot like primo. More like a hot Bhut. No bitterness at all. Can't wait to see some color.

Thanks Chuck! The runt pod didn't meet the full potential, but it was spicy enough to promise more heat to come. ;) I'm really looking forward to a few great varieties shared by Gary, Randy, John, Kevin and Charles and making sauces with all of them. Seeing color has got me excited!

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I'm more excited in getting pods from members then vendors. I have some pods forming from a Scorpion Randy sent me, I have a Bhut from a pod you sent me, BOC from Gary, Tepin x Reaper and Chocolate Bubblegum x Reaper from Frank, a wicked Scorpion Bhut cross from Michael and a handful of crosses from Charles.

If I can get one pod from each of those, It will be well worth it.

Devv said:
Thanks for the reply on the nutes, I may just give them a whirl next spring!
You can if you want to Scott, but I'd say getting your soil tested and amending accordingly is the foundation. I'm feeding the plants in pots 'cause they need it late in the season, the MoAs for the Bonnet challenge and the other chiles for the heck of it. [emoji2]

OCD Chilehead said:
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I'm more excited in getting pods from members then vendors. I have some pods forming from a Scorpion Randy sent me, I have a Bhut from a pod you sent me, BOC from Gary, Tepin x Reaper and Chocolate Bubblegum x Reaper from Frank, a wicked Scorpion Bhut cross from Michael and a handful of crosses from Charles.

If I can get one pod from each of those, It will be well worth it.
Cool! I think I may still have some seeds for Paper Lantern Habs kicking around if you're interested Chuck. Those varieties do sound interesting... I hope the season co-operates in getting you those ripe pods! [emoji106]

Things are starting to heat up here...

First full-sized pod to ripen. One of Gary's Forbing Nagas. I'm starting to see color on another FB plant and the Piment Cabri too. Have a great Thursday all!
f4f00a7d7a633dabc7e791360e3825b0.jpg

Digging the Forbing  Nagas Rick !  Great to see pods !     :party:
stickman said:
Cool! I think I may still have some seeds for Paper Lantern Habs kicking around if you're interested Chuck. Those varieties do sound interesting... I hope the season co-operates in getting you those ripe pods! [emoji106]

Things are starting to heat up here...

First full-sized pod to ripen. One of Gary's Forbing Nagas. I'm starting to see color on another FB plant and the Piment Cabri too. Have a great Thursday all!
f4f00a7d7a633dabc7e791360e3825b0.jpg

Malarky said:
glows in the dark man
That would be the plant next to it... The green pods are nearly flourescent! [emoji6] Reminds me of the Naga King I've grown before.
Cheers Matt!

tsurrie said:
very cool looking pod :)
kinda dangerous
Cheers Uros! I had half the pod in an egg 'n cheese breakfast sammie, and it had a good lick of heat with a nice, clean Chinense flavor and no bitterness. Not as floral either. Gary and Jamie did good on this one!

Devv said:
Very nice Rick! I hope you get a ton of the beautiful pods ;)

The nute question was for the container plants I intend to grow next season; and yes soil test will be done in January. I'm over due :shh:
Cheers Scott! I think the GH nutes will do well for your potted plants next year... I'm liking the results I'm getting with them. My largest plant is an FN in a #7 airpot. It has the largest pods too.

Back