• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay....

I had SIX viable entries, and I think they ALL could have been contenders....but I chose THIS one to be my "anchor"

I started with fresh jalapenos....stuck them under the broiler, de-skinned them, cut them in half, and scraped-out the seeds:

100_1237.jpg

I then placed each half on it's own egg roll wrapper.

100_1239.jpg

I then topped the pepper with soy sauce steamed cabbage, raw 31-40 shrimp (chopped), crispy, thick-sliced-n-diced bacon, and PF's 7-pod powder. (kudos to you, PF!!)

100_1240.jpg

Rolled-em up....fried them at 375 for 2 minutes......and tossed them on the plate. I served them with a spicy sweet/sour dipping sauce I concocted.
100_1255.jpg

It was so damn good.....the perfect hybrid. Part popper....part spring roll. I will simply call them: Popper-Rolls.....er......Spring-Poppers........crap, call them what you want. I call them delicious!

Nice! You can switch that photo for a better one if you make the deadline. Prob. be better by itself with the right sauce.

thehotpepper.com said:
Nice! You can switch that photo for a better one if you make the deadline. Prob. be better by itself with the right sauce.

Which is kinda what I was trying to say earlier....;)

And by the way?....thanks for the latitude on this one. I appreciate it greatly.

Nice Paul! If you swap the pics make sure to check the HD Scratch'n'Sniff box. I forgot to do that... that's why my Yamburgers aren't getting any love.

Since all pic posts will be moving to a new thread they'll get the same attention so don't worry.

SumOfMyBits said:
Nice Paul! If you swap the pics make sure to check the HD Scratch'n'Sniff box. I forgot to do that... that's why my Yamburgers aren't getting any love.

Hell....I thought they looked awesome!! My only wish would be to unleash the WHOLE plate on the world....

I may save that for AFTER the throwdown....

***Re-plate tomorrow morning***

I'm tired and ready for bed.

It doesn't need beef, there's shrimp and bacon.

Booo lol. I know I thought maybe you missed the meat.

paulky_2000 said:
I promise a better photo tomorrow morning.

so paulky, is this an end around, a statue of liberty or a double pump?

:looking for a TRICK PLAY here!~~~~~~~~~~~~~:

No making another plate in the AM!

It's all good, mate, it's been a FUN day! By the way.....who won the game??????

OH YEAH! The black and gold team!

ooops ~

paulky may be nighty-night! Sweet dreams~~~~~

Man, this throwdown is making me HUNGRY!!! Awesome job to everyone. There's not one entry that I wouldn't happily devour. So far I'm liking JayT's bowl of super crab, Mel's Big and Meaty Balls of Fire and TB's heart clogging chips of DOOM yumminess. This is gonna be a hard one to vote for...

Awesome presentation AJ and PF how was the JD sauce?

salsalady, another interesting way to gently cook seafood is to poach in a flavoured oil at 70C. You can then 'rinse' off the oil with an acid like lime or lemon juice. I love seafood with lime and pepper. YUM!!!

my head hurts...pounded too many planters punches yesterday...then got to watch my Colts go down in flames...dangit...

there are several of the entries I would like to chow down on...but I ain't sayin' nutin' until the voting comes around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back