Tacos Every Day Contest!

D3monic said:
Yea, recipe isn't happening when it only lets you post a few words.........I got 4 pics and a title and that's all it would let me have. Twitter is dumb

Twitter is the only one that's not dumb ... to me. I love Twitter.

D3monic said:
Yea, recipe isn't happening when it only lets you post a few words.........I got 4 pics and a title and that's all it would let me have. Twitter is dumb
All you need is a brief description, not a whole recipe.

And here's an idea - 1 tweet with pic (hashtag #ldhstacocontest) and then another tweet with a recipe or description.
:cheers:

But for yalls enjoyment since I can't post the full thing there it was a pork shoulder rubbed down with copious amounts of Anchiote paste, cumin, mexican oregano, pequin peppers, sea salt, pepper.  Marinaded with the juice of one lemon and two sour oranges over night.

Smoked with I think it was apple wood for 5 hours before adding the fire roasted peppers and covering with foil and transferring to a 350 degree oven until meat pulled apart. 

Fried up some bacon, crisped the meat in the bacon grease and served garnished with soap weed, bacon and queso fresco cheese. 

D3monic said:
But for yalls enjoyment since I can't post the full thing there it was a pork shoulder rubbed down with copious amounts of Anchiote paste, cumin, mexican oregano, pequin peppers, sea salt, pepper.  Marinaded with the juice of one lemon and two sour oranges over night.

Smoked with I think it was apple wood for 5 hours before adding the fire roasted peppers and covering with foil and transferring to a 350 degree oven until meat pulled apart. 

Fried up some bacon, crisped the meat in the bacon grease and served garnished with soap weed, bacon and queso fresco cheese. 
Sounds great, I have another pork shoulder I have to cook tomorrow. One of them today was broken down for the Trinidad pork stew and 4 pounds of homemade chorizo. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Sounds great, I have another pork shoulder I have to cook tomorrow. One of them today was broken down for the Trinidad pork stew and 4 pounds of homemade chorizo. 

Me too, old lady just brought one home the other day. She really likes my carnitas/cochinita (same damn thing minus anchiote)

Maybe for shame, but I still rock taco dinner like I'm at mommie's house and it's 1980 ...

Old El Paso ...

In fairness, I know good Mexican food, too ...

I just order it take-out, or buy it from the cars (often, the trunk, actually) of the wives of the guy's who work in the fab shop ...

I wish FD was around, I think he's the only other person who forgives my Old El Paso habit.

D3monic said:

I just rubbed one out to that post. ;)

Back