• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tastiest Hot Sauce on the Planet...Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

Yeah, it's a good old standby... I always have it, I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it the tastiest... but it is quite good... I like it in Thai soups

now tobasco.. well.. no comment there... maybe their other hotter versions or maybe their habanero version may be better... once the supermarket had more variety than Tobasco and Franks(mild)Red Hot I never turned back.... to me they are still better than nothing though... they may be ok with fisn'n'chips just for the vinegar factor.

I do also use huyfong Sambal Oelek and garlic chili sauces quite often as well... but they don't have the heat of the Siriacha

You have to get into the Marie Sharps stuff from Belize though... they have stages of heat from sweet to mild to hot and the very veryhot varieties (at least until you step up enough stages and get used to the heat) and their flavors are super tasty...

Sriracha is just bursting with taste. I think it's the Garlic and the delicious Chiles they use.
In Hawaii and many of the Carribean Islands it is THE Hot Sauce of choice.
It's popular in the USA but more so by Region.
I just like the basics...my other Fave is good old Tabasco. I know you can say it's water-y or lacks substance...but Man that thing with fermenting in Oak Barrels on Avery Island just gives it a Gourmet Pop to me.
If I want substance, I make my own and eat it with a spoon.
I have no affiliation with either Company. Sriracha is made by www.huyfong.com and I'm sure is available all over the Internet.

THP, could you possibly expound on the difference in say an Americanized version and a more authentic type of sriracha? I'm very interested.
The rooster brand uses red ripe jalapenos instead of Thai peppers, basically. Everything else is similar.

I love huy fong's sriracha sauce, not very hot, but great on anything (like ketchup). I'm surprised to learn it's just jalapenos though, I figured they used thai peppers.

i'm more familiar with this one:

sriracha-sauce.jpg

the rooster sriracha sauce is good, but I've been looking for (off & on over the year) that other sriracha duck sauce that sells different versions. I remember Omri posted a pic of sriracha sauces that had like 5 different flavors....WHO & WHERE DO THEY SELL THESE SRIRACHA SAUCES!!!
these have to be the most elsusive hot sauces I cant find!

the rooster sriracha sauce is good, but I've been looking for (off & on over the year) that other sriracha duck sauce that sells different versions. I remember Omri posted a pic of sriracha sauces that had like 5 different flavors....WHO & WHERE DO THEY SELL THESE SRIRACHA SAUCES!!!
these have to be the most elsusive hot sauces I cant find!
You just have to keep hitting Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and International markets. :)

You just have to keep hitting Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and International markets. :)

if you're talking going to grocery/market stores I've went to many of those in the area. still no luck finding those sauces but they did carry the rooster sauce.
now if you're talking about on the internet I still havent found a place that sells them. let alone I cant read those languages, so if a web search had one right in front of me but its another language I woudlnt even know it.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm
http://www.google.com/search?q=SRIRACHA+huy+fong&hl=en&sa=G&prmd=ivnso&source=univ&tbs=shop:1

Â¥

Yeah it sounds like you are looking for the Flying Goose variety which is from Thailand... or "Nhan con ngong bay"
Here is a link comparing some... http://hotsaucedaily.com/2009/01/05/flying-goose-sriracha-sauce-part-2/

I've heard people mentioning the Flyign Goose variety is not quite as hot as the Rooster version and that it hard to find in the North America though.

This this UK site has the other flavor varieties: such as Onion, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, and super hot on the link below, scroll down about half way...
http://www.raanthai.co.uk/retail/Sri_Racha_Chilli_Sauce.html

But here is another, again out of the UK I believe...

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=flying+goose&search_in_description=0&HCid=31de0f8686d9565d997b4f5da708c35d&x=0&y=0

Again, here is a site selling from the UK but I believe they are sold out:
http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=16

Edit:
Here is a screenshot of the first link...
FlyingGooseSriRacha.jpg

I always have a big bottle of this one in my fridge. I use it on Mexican, cheesesteaks, egg rolls, mixed with mayo on sandwiches, on sushi, in soups, etc etc etc.

Yeah, it's a good old standby... I always have it, I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it the tastiest... but it is quite good... I like it in Thai soups

now tobasco.. well.. no comment there... maybe their other hotter versions or maybe their habanero version may be better... once the supermarket had more variety than Tobasco and Franks(mild)Red Hot I never turned back.... to me they are still better than nothing though... they may be ok with fisn'n'chips just for the vinegar factor.

I do also use huyfong Sambal Oelek and garlic chili sauces quite often as well... but they don't have the heat of the Siriacha

You have to get into the Marie Sharps stuff from Belize though... they have stages of heat from sweet to mild to hot and the very veryhot varieties (at least until you step up enough stages and get used to the heat) and their flavors are super tasty...

I recently opened a bottle of MS green hab sauce and have a bottle of unopened grapefruit. That will complete her line for me and there wasn`t a one that I didn`t absolutely enjoy so far :woohoo:

I always have a 5ig bottle of this one in my fridge. I use it on Mexican, cheesesteaks, egg rolls, mixed with mayo on sandwiches, on sushi, in soups, etc etc etc.

Amen Jay! This is a staple in my fridge. I also love it in soups, mixed with mayo, and on sushi. It's also my favorite sauce for pizza.

I haven't tried her mild one mostly because the "hot" one was mild enough for me after Hot I graduated to firey hot, belizan heat, no wimps alowed, and Beware... of course including the Nopal/Lime one (cactus lime hab which is about as hot as the regular hot one) and the orange and grapefruit are about as hot as the plain hot one too... although I didn't care for the bitterness of the grapefruit as much as her other ones.. but it was still pretty good.. I liked the orange a bit better... but both were great on chicken and fish

One thing I like about the "Hot" one more than some of the others is that I can pile a tonn of it on stuff without burning and get that great flavor.. then again as my heat tolerance increases I am able to use a lot more of the Beware one too..

Can someone explain to me why Habanero sauces are so awesome on eggs??

I'm still hoping Marie Sharp steps up the "Beware" version with a little red savina or one of the other hotter peppers... Beware and Belizan Heat are a bit too close in heat level comparison for me... a little more heat from a natural pepper would be the ticket

I recently opened a bottle of MS green hab sauce and have a bottle of unopened grapefruit. That will complete her line for me and there wasn`t a one that I didn`t absolutely enjoy so far :woohoo:

I really want to try the Sriracha that's made in Thailand by Golden Mountain Sriracha Panich. Is that the "Flying goose" brand?
I love the Tuong ot Sriracha (rooster) with a passion.

I've heard so much good talk about the Sriracha Rooster brand hot sauce, I think I'll look for next time I'm at the market.

It sounds promising.

dvg

What!!! you've never tried it?

it is a good all around sauce... not the absolute best.. but more useful than ketchup I find... I always have some at hand even if with my other sauce collection growing I don't often use it anymore... I still have some

the nice thing is it has decent heat if you use enough... and it tastes pretty good and it is quite cheap... I like it on hot dogs and in soups... but for most other things I tend to use my other sauces

I have to say though... it is really good with a little miracle whip on some lightly toasted multi grain bread and nice lettuce with a bit of tomato and left over turkey...

I've heard so much good talk about the Sriracha Rooster brand hot sauce, I think I'll look for next time I'm at the market.

It sounds promising.

dvg

Gotta love the rooster sauce. That and chipotle tobasco. Not too fond of the chipotle chiloula (way vinegary), but like the regular cholula.

Back