• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tastiest Hot Sauce on the Planet...Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

I have a few different types in my cupboard right now:
• Huy Fong
• Shark Brand
• Geand Mountain

I think Shark has the best flavor (it's quite sweet), but lacks in heat. Huy Fong has the best heat, but is slightly bitter or something. GM is nice, but once again not quite hot enough!
I have been using them all for different purposes.

I came across another awesome item too!
Sun Brand Ot Tuong. (pic soon)
Its a thick, seedy, flaky paste that has pretty good heat, and an awesome flavour for things such as dim sum, or dumplings.

My friends and I call this the Cock Sauce because of the rooster on the label. This is basically my go-to sauce for all my Asian cuisines whether it's teriyaki chicken bowl, Chinese takeout, or a big bowl of Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). It's a great dipping sauce for egg rolls, tempura shrimp, sushi, or any deep fried appetizer you can think of. I haven't really tried it on American or Mexican food because I have other sauces in my pantry for that but I've seen my friend put it in burritos and on his pizza and he seems to like it.

Nah, I wouldn't call that stuff "Cock" sauce just because of the image.. and because there actually is already a "Cock" sauce.... in Big bold letters it says COCK it is a brand of fish sauce... not sure if it is Thai or Vietnamese

Pretty stinky stuff too... so I'd say the name is a little more appropriate to that stuff than Siracha!

My friends and I call this the Cock Sauce because of the rooster on the label. This is basically my go-to sauce for all my Asian cuisines whether it's teriyaki chicken bowl, Chinese takeout, or a big bowl of Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). It's a great dipping sauce for egg rolls, tempura shrimp, sushi, or any deep fried appetizer you can think of. I haven't really tried it on American or Mexican food because I have other sauces in my pantry for that but I've seen my friend put it in burritos and on his pizza and he seems to like it.

I can attest, this is one of my favorite sauces to use on pizza due to it's consistency (and flavor, of course).

If you like the Huy Fong Sriracha and Chile Garlic Sauce, you might also try the Lee Kum Kee Brand Chiu Chow Chili Oil. It's not so much an oil as it is salted preserved chiles macerated into sesame and soybean oil along with garlic. Stuff is frickin' awesome.

I made some kick-ass Sriracha sauce recently. It's been a big hit amongst our friends and family.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/25176-black-strap-sriracha-sauce/

I am a huge fan. I have had a bottle in my fridge for all of my life. No joke - My dad loved it so we always had it around. Then as an adult I had it in college and beyond, in 6 states and 2 countries. It is one of my cooking staples for soups, stews, marinades - it's just a perfect sauce. It's one of my "standards" - like Tapatia, I have to have sriracha on hand at all times.

or "rooster sauce" as most people I know call it. :D

I am a huge fan. I have had a bottle in my fridge for all of my life. No joke - My dad loved it so we always had it around. Then as an adult I had it in college and beyond, in 6 states and 2 countries. It is one of my cooking staples for soups, stews, marinades - it's just a perfect sauce. It's one of my "standards" - like Tapatia, I have to have sriracha on hand at all times.

or "rooster sauce" as most people I know call it. :D

Absolutely! I got into this a couple of years ago after my mum sent some out to Australia from the UK. I hammered this in everything...cheese toasties are heaven with this and a bit of fresh coriander! YUMMMM! I was soooo pleased to find that i could get it here in Melbourne too, and at $4.20 a bottle you can't go wrong! My wife isn't a chilli-head like me, but even she finds herself adding it to bolognese / home-made pizza's etc....as it adds just enough 'zing' but without the massive heat, so that the kids can still enjoy the meal. We always have this in the fridge nowadays!

Liking tobasco sauce is a big sin around here :lol: Actually anything extremely vinegary is usually frowned upon here.
I like Srirachi, especially the rooster brand although I find it more of a garlic sauce than a real hot sauce

I find that Tobasco sauce taste too vinegary for me. It taste awful to me. What do you guys like about the flavor? I'm curious since a lot of people respect and like it.

I too now find tobasco to be distasteful... it is better than nothing at all.. but... not even as good as siracha.....
I'll take a good habanero sauce any day...

But now that I grow my own habs I get some of the taste and a lot of the heat so I can add any normal sauce and have it still be good...heat wise...anyway....

I do find the more vinegary sauces to work a bit better with eggs than anything else..... these days though I could drink a bottle of tobasco sauce and not be phased by it... siracha a bit better... but I'll take any real pepper (no fake extracts) sauce... it is so much better wiith a good real sauce

I find that Tobasco sauce taste too vinegary for me. It taste awful to me. What do you guys like about the flavor? I'm curious since a lot of people respect and like it.

You have to respect them for being pioneers and being the biggest hot-sauce company in the world but as for the flavor I personally can only find a few good uses where spicy vinegar actually works. Try a site search, this is talked about a lot over the years.

You have to respect them for being pioneers and being the biggest hot-sauce company in the world but as for the flavor I personally can only find a few good uses where spicy vinegar actually works. Try a site search, this is talked about a lot over the years.

Yeah, I respect them for that. I have some in my cabinet. They also improved on tabasco peppers.

But now that I grow my own habs I get some of the taste and a lot of the heat so I can add any normal sauce and have it still be good...heat wise...anyway....

I do find the more vinegary sauces to work a bit better with eggs than anything else..... these days though I could drink a bottle of tobasco sauce and not be phased by it... siracha a bit better... but I'll take any real pepper (no fake extracts) sauce... it is so much better wiith a good real sauce

I find habaneros (the orange real ones) very tasty. I love eating them raw and sauces made from them. I'm not a fan of extracts either. They taste like crap and you can always use superhot peppers to make extremely hot sauce. I picked up some of Dave's Insanity sauce. Very disappointed in the heat (told me to only use a couple drops but it less hot than the sauce I make). I don't get why that sauce is only 180,000 shu since it's an extract. Regular habaneros are hotter and tastier. I wonder why they just didn't use habaneros!

Yeah that sauce is nice one of the first sauces that got me into the heat in fact.

Here is the one I have. its produced by www.lingham.com

Lingham is very good stuff. Have you tried Shark Brand? From the Sriracha Region of Thailand .. excellent .. both IMO are smoother than Huy Fong.

Back