• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TC'S smokin' WSM adventures

IMG_4985.JPG

Taking a lunch break after planting 93 pepper plants.  Beautiful day to do it.  

Pork will not be done to much later, it has been hanging around 160F for awhile now.

14 1/2 hours ....pork is at 181F. It is coming off at 10pm, will rest awhile, then it will be pulled. I really wanted to get it up to 195 F. Next time I am starting the night before.

I probably should have done that earlier, but I am still learning. Right now it's about time, want this done by 11 pm. Gotta be up by 5:30 for work and cannot put anymore time into this. Lessons learned for next time.
Went on the smoker at 6:30am, 15 1/2 hours later it reached 183F.  Going to let it sit, then it will be pulled for sammies tomorrow.

IMG_4991.JPG

Couldn't wait till tomorrow to try a piece.

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

Hopefully my wife will do me a favor and make the slaw tomorrow.

I remember the first butt I smoked, I had a similar experience with the long stall.  I had no idea what the hell happened.  I wish I had been here then, it would have saved me hours of aggravation.  Now I just wrap it and put it in the oven if that happens.  Saves a lot on wood and charcoal.

JayT said:
I remember the first butt I smoked, I had a similar experience with the long stall.  I had no idea what the hell happened.  I wish I had been here then, it would have saved me hours of aggravation.  Now I just wrap it and put it in the oven if that happens.  Saves a lot on wood and charcoal.
Chris mentioned about wrapping it too, if you finish in the oven what temp for the oven?

This page has good eats, now what 3 wing styles do you have going on there? It's looks like you were inspired but the wing off we had.

One was a teriyaki wing that you suggested to someone else awhile back, the second was a homemade spicy bbq sauce(was also used on the pulled pork tonight), and the last was Buddy's jerk sauce. Went from mild, to medium to hot.

Back