• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TC'S smokin' WSM adventures

IMG_5080.JPG

My daughter's lunch for the week.   Chicken spatchcocked, skin on the breast removed, rubbed and now on the smoker.   The thighs, wings and legs should be ready for lunch.   Ribs will go on later.

Why do u remove the skin my friend? Just curious you will still get great smoke without that step or are you trying to control fat content? I find the breast tend to dry out when I tried that waiting for the rest of the bird come to temp otherwise looks great!!! :)

oldsalty said:
Why do u remove the skin my friend? Just curious you will still get great smoke without that step or are you trying to control fat content? I find the breast tend to dry out when I tried that waiting for the rest of the bird come to temp otherwise looks great!!! :)

Really was just a trial thing.  The breast was carved for my daughter for school lunch for the week ahead.  The rest is for lunch today.

Here is the finished chicken and lunch.

IMG_5084.JPG

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5090.JPG

I would definitely do it with out the skin again, it really did not dry out the breast meat.   Since my daughter does not like the skin I figured I would give it a try.  

tctenten said:
I would definitely do it with out the skin again, it really did not dry out the breast meat.   Since my daughter does not like the skin I figured I would give it a try.  

I hope you crisped that skin for yourself ;)

Back