• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TC'S smokin' WSM adventures

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Turkey and loin both look amazing! I really need to do that more often and use my slicer. Has anyone ever frozen fresh sliced meats with success?

I was contemplating doing that with some in the food saver.   I probably will because that is too much meat for the week.  Whaddya think?  

MMMmmm Ange is making red currant jelly at the moment, a couple of slices of these with a dollop of jelly and I would be in heaven.  Looks great Terry.  

perfect for baked brie!
Turkey and loin both look amazing! I really need to do that more often and use my slicer. Has anyone ever frozen fresh sliced meats with success?

yes, but it's optimal to ice bath ...

grantmichaels said:
perfect for baked brie!

yes, but it's optimal to ice bath ...
Spoilt for choice.  Ange makes vats of quince paste every couple of years from the folks quince tree (like literally kilo's of the stuff - she was lamenting last month when we were down to our last kilo - remember 2.2lb to the kg), so when I feel like a cheese coma that is a baked brie, I tend towards quince….  

I'll be doing that when Costco runs the whole side of beef ribeye and maybe even the beef roasts on sale and a turkey breast perhaps ;) Oh, need to buy a freezer first which means I need to put up the shed doors I built and clear out garage and stop harvesting deer...damn freezer is 50% venison currently. 

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

I took advantage of the warm temps here in the northeast and decided to smoke some stuff for the upcoming week. First up is a pork loin, first tume smoking one and it came out pretty good. Next time I will probably take it off at 160 instead of 165f.

I got a igrill2 for christmas.... It works great... Very happy with the purchase.

Looks great.

If you find it a little dryer than optimal, I would lower your temp to 145. Last loin I did to 145 stayed way juicer than the ones I have taken to 165.

Back