• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking TC'S smokin' WSM adventures

Will be a busy weekend, we are hosting about 20 people on both Saturday and Sunday. The WSM will be fired up tomorrow night starting with a pork butt.

image.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Cool ...

Getting that rub on w/ plenty of time to spare!

Yes, have another batch of buns to make and my burgers came from Lafrieda, so that will be dinner.  I want to finish up rely so I can relax and start drinking some beer.  Have a brisket and 4 racks of ribs that will make an appearance in the next few days.

tctenten said:

Yes, have another batch of buns to make and my burgers came from Lafrieda, so that will be dinner.  I want to finish up rely so I can relax and start drinking some beer.  Have a brisket and 4 racks of ribs that will make an appearance in the next few days.

BOOM! So much awesome.

My beef's not here yet ... usually arrives a bit later, though ...

Are you having burgers tonight?

tctenten said:
Yes.  Burgers tonight with maybe just cheese, I want to be able to really taste the meat.

I have American "cheese" for that very reason ... or I just use a little relish, sometimes too.

Funny story, when i did the TD sliders I was going to write about how not-over-worked the beef is, even though it looks like it's cryo'd taught ...

That video on the Goldbely site showed that machine, and is why ...

The best one so far, has been the shortrib ground beef ... the aged was good, but I couldn't find anything that made it better, and certainly not at 25% increase in cost ...

Now, where's mine!

Pork butt was taken of the smoker this morning and is resting comfortably for later.   A late addition to today's menu was 2 small briskets about 2 & 3 lbs each.  Ribs will be going on shortly as well.  Will try to get a few pictures later, but will be hard with all the company.   Have a great holiday weekend and thank you to all those that served!!

IMG_5317.JPG

Back