spirits Tequila

So I have a new passion. Jose Cuervo Tequila. Whats your favourite? How do you drink it? Do you add Chilli to the bottle?
Any photos of you so messed up on your Favourite tequila?
17022008008.jpg

17022008003.jpg

17022008007.jpg

150.jpg

These are pics from The HSFFF in OZ this february, we drunk alot of tequila in fact Cuervo was the MAin sponser....

Mick

We drankit neat down there the guy in the top photo with the chilli shirt and hat is Haggis he runs the show he owns the REDBAck Chilli co the guy in the singlet with the sunnys is Marcel He owns THE CHilly Factory
Thats me struggling in the blue shirt with my boy standing next tome thinking "One day I want to be just like him"lol (God I hope not) lol

One of my first taste of something with Tequila in it was called a Tequila Sunrise, Tequila, Orange Juice & Grenadine. Must say Id like one now!

man i'm so sorry i missed that gig. looks like maleny festival in its early days (i went to the first 10 & volunteered behind the bar lol)

Tequila - yeah...its been a while, maybe i should give it another try.

in my day it was all about the worm....do they still do that?

Yeah, I remember the worm thing too!

One of the bottles that was popular in the late 80s was the one with the little red hat. "el Toro", I think it was!

I remember the red hat shot cup of that brand...
on Easter Saturday we drank almost 3 bottles of the cuervo lots of beer and we put our frozen cocktail machine and had vodka and guarva dakaris... there was about 10 of us, great night apparently...

Another favourite of mine is Margaritas, and I make the best:P I use equal portions of Tequila, Lime Juice (fresh squeezed from my lime trees) & Triple Sec, Ive got all the fancy V shaped glasses & a good coating of salt around the rim of the glass is a must!

billyboy said:
Another favourite of mine is Margaritas, and I make the best:P I use equal portions of Tequila, Lime Juice (fresh squeezed from my lime trees) & Triple Sec, Ive got all the fancy V shaped glasses & a good coating of salt around the rim of the glass is a must!

you're bringing that to the next BBQ - right :shocked:

I used dried/dehydrated but then again the bottle I bought in Chicago had fresh chiles in it...

I have drank enough tequila to sink a battle ship...don't do much more than sip it now....maybe a shot every now and again...point is I want to turn you guys on to a wonderful tequila...

anyone ever heard of or tasted Herradura?...the gold aneyo is absolutely one of the best tasting mid priced tequilas you can get...very very smooth...no bite...but the taste is the best...its about $46 USD for a 750ml bottle but well worth it IMO...

heradurada8.jpg

Looks good I'll Have alook around for it.

So whats your take on the Blue agave, thats usually the bench mark 100% or not. Then theres mescale which is a whole differnt ball game?
Maybe I should "get my google on" lol

Tequila Story

ok I know Stillz asked about pictures of when you were messed up...don't have any but will try and paint a picture with words...

summer of 1978 in Auburn, Alabama at my apartment, my best friend and I were going to watch three championship boxing matches...don't remember who the first bout was but the second bout was Sugar Ray Leonard against Roberto Duran and the headliner was Larry Holmes against somebody...maybe Cooney or Pinklan Thomas...doesn't matter anyway.

Jim and I went to the state package store to get something to drink...ended up buying a 1.75 liter bottle of Montezuma Tequila...

The plan was to drink a shot between rounds...didn't seem like too much of a task at the time...so we did...we weren't really paying attention to the first fight because we just weren't interested...first fight lasted 7 rounds...yup...7 shots of tequila in 28 minutes....ok...we rested between fights and didn't drink anything...second fight starts...Sugar Ray and opponent...Sugar Ray dancin', poppin that Jab right between the eyes....................................................thats all I remember....

***setting the stage***

I lived on the second floor in an apartment and the building was built like a cheap 3 story motel...the stairs were on either end and there was a walkway extending the full length of the 16 apartments that was about 4 feet wide. The railing by the walkway was made out of 1" square tube horizontal and 3/8 square rod going up and down....

I woke up the next morning with my head sticking through the square rods passed out on the walkway...didn't know where I was or how I got there...there was a white car parked right below me and had some of my last nights dinner on the windshield and hood...thats not the all of it...when I tried to move, I could not get my head out from between the bars...I lay there for about 20 minutes trying to pry the bars wide enough to slide my head through but no luck...I am 28 years old at this time...a young kid by the name of Tim woke up and walked out his door...me still laying there about 30' from him and being very very still trying not to attract attention from anyone...

Tim finally saw me laying there and started walking towards me and laughing...he helped me spread the bars enough to get my head out and then I started looking for Jim....no where to be found...JIM, JIM, where the hell are you I am yelling...

I needed a glass of water so I went into the bathroom and yup....there he was...he had been praying to the porcelein god all night long and was passed out, head in toilet, not on the edge of the bowl but in the toilet with his hair down in the water...

I shook him and shook him and finally got him to rouse a bit...he looked at me with bloodshot eyes, hair wet danglin in his face and said in a low voice............wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.........thats all he said all day long....

too much tequila in a short time will make you do things any normal man wouldn't do....hey that is where the Wombat comes in....roflmao

AJ :shocked:

Tis true, Tequila its powerful stuff alright. A mate of mine went to hospital after he & I drank a whole bottle of Tequila together, he apparently had his stomach pumped and as far as I know has never drank Tequila again. I later converted him to a rum drinker!:hell:

stillmanz said:
Looks good I'll Have alook around for it.

So whats your take on the Blue agave, thats usually the bench mark 100% or not. Then theres mescale which is a whole differnt ball game?
Maybe I should "get my google on" lol

I think the Herradura is made from blue and mezcal makes me crazy...I mean crazy enought to suck the worm...chew on it...swish it around in my mouth and savor the godawful taste...

Another good series of tequilas is patron....here is a link to tequila reviews...wonder what they say about herradura....seems it rates only about an 88 out of 100...hmmmmm

Back