spirits Tequila

man just had a tequila man its pretty seriously hot. I have already removed the offending pod. It got some good fatalii flavour through, any hotter and it would be a cobweb collector. Its gonna be good on those winter nights.

Mick

stillmanz said:
man just had a tequila man its pretty seriously hot. I have already removed the offending pod. It got some good fatalii flavour through, any hotter and it would be a cobweb collector. Its gonna be good on those winter nights.

Mick
Hehehe, the great thing about infusion with peppers is after you remove the peppers, the thing will continue to get hotter over the next month or two.

AlabamaJack said:
I used dried/dehydrated but then again the bottle I bought in Chicago had fresh chiles in it...

I have drank enough tequila to sink a battle ship...don't do much more than sip it now....maybe a shot every now and again...point is I want to turn you guys on to a wonderful tequila...

anyone ever heard of or tasted Herradura?...the gold aneyo is absolutely one of the best tasting mid priced tequilas you can get...very very smooth...no bite...but the taste is the best...its about $46 USD for a 750ml bottle but well worth it IMO...

heradurada8.jpg

Aye, i have tried Herraduras. i love it. the only tequilla i have drank other than patron in years.

but heres my bottle i've only got one shot left!

teq.jpg

I thought Tequila was all about shots and pulling faces, you know, lick sip suck. do some people actually drink it for the flavour?

I've put birdseyes into vodka, tastes putrid but plenty of heat. just leave them in for a month or two until the colour leaches out of the pods. then get a few mates over for a barbie, a few beers and then pull the chilefied grog out and look out. make sure you've plenty of loo paper on standby.

I have tried many many tequillas, and my absolute favorite is El Tesoro Paradiso. It is pricey but worth every penny. I also really like Don Julio and Patron Silvers for more everyday tequillas.

I bought a bottle of this the other day on the recommendation of the young man at the liquor store.

campoazulrepo.jpg

"Campo Azul" Reposado.

I haven't tried it yet but I think tonight might be the night!

teh purple penguins said:
yes kinda. it's like my jose cuervo

My "Jose Cuervo" Is Jose Cuervo Traditionale. It's my "go-to" mixing tequila.....BUT...I recently found out that Cazadores is only about 2 bucks a bottle more so that may end up being our new margarita fuel.

I always look at the cost 'cause I'm a cheap bastard!

But yeah, I hear what you're say'n. Bad tequila is really bad. There's a certain level I won't go below. I try to stick to 100% agaves. Unfortunatly there's now some really cheap 100%s where the buy up all they rotted agave pinas that no other distillery will use....yuck. So now 100% agave is no longer an assurance of quality.

The CAMPO AZUL, BTW, was pretty smooth. Good, but not great.

Just been clearing out my phone memory & found this pic from a few weeks ago. A good friend used to be a wine merchant and has an amazing stock of all kinds of booze that he can't touch (well not a lot) due to health reasons now.
So whenever we catch up I try to do my bit to empty his cupboards lol

sorry for the crappy pic, it was late,dark & i was messy. Don't remember taking the pic so dont ask me how it tasted lol

I am not a huge Tequila drinker but my friend turned me on to a really good shot...

Tequila
Fresh Lime juice
1/4 teaspoon of real chili powder (I give him the powder I make and he says it makes the whole drink. Regular cayanne won't cut it)
a couple splashes of Tabasco.

Simple and really good.

I figured that this may be the perfect place for this drink since some of you probably make some awesome chili powder.

Back