smokers THE AUSSIE BUILD A UGLY DRUM SMOKER SMACK DOWN! MOYBOYvsCHILLIMAN!

just about done... have to drill one hole for the thermometer, clean up the lid a bit and she is ready to cook.

final paint
2i0yzie.jpg

25rpoip.jpg

My life has gone to sh*t over the past few weeks and I haven't even looked at my drum so I will have to respectfully stand back and let you guys continue without me.....

I will post pics when I get my drum going but at this stage I really don't know when that will be!!!!!

moyboy said:
My life has gone to sh*t over the past few weeks and I haven't even looked at my drum so I will have to respectfully stand back and let you guys continue without me.....

I will post pics when I get my drum going but at this stage I really don't know when that will be!!!!!
: gives moyboy a virtual hug :

moyboy said:

then i say we delay the contest until ...how about this time next year?..lol

hope things pick up for you...

Next year ? I would have built and ruined 3 by then ! lol
Mine was the lazy version of a ten minute build ! I will paint it up and make look pretty for photos to post ! SOON

UDS maiden voyage

fired up the UDS today...

2l4cn7.jpg

opened up 3 intake valves...quickly closed one... down to one intake fully open....holding perfect bbq temps, will check shortly and adjust accordingly

or5949.jpg

added some abt's and a fatty

couple of hours later, it is still chugging at 225-230* and it is windy out... the ball valve is 3/4 open.

i forgot to mention..i love my UDS..lol

33f5h0i.jpg

finishing pics to come in a couple of hours

Nice! I think that means you won the UDS Throwdown! You win nothing! :lol:

Looks good.

Nice one BAM !!

I thank you for the design idea, as there is probably already 5-6 of them amongt the mates already for camping and fishing!

We have to wait for moyboy for cook off. Did my first fish the other day but didnt have camera. Going out for Dear hunt in next week or two, i will take it with us then too !

UDS`ers ROCK !

CM

chilliman, is your done?

once you build a UDS and cook on it... your official title becomes.. "drumhead/s"....lol

chilliman said:
Nice one BAM !!

I thank you for the design idea, as there is probably already 5-6 of them amongt the mates already for camping and fishing!

We have to wait for moyboy for cook off. Did my first fish the other day but didnt have camera. Going out for Dear hunt in next week or two, i will take it with us then too !

UDS`ers ROCK !

CM

thehotpepper.com said:
chilliman, is your done?

Yep page 1, about 3 weeks old now, must of cooked on it a dozen times already !
Mine is not as pretty ! But same same.

BamsBBQ said:
once you build a UDS and cook on it... your official title becomes.. "drumhead/s"....lol

LOL - I have benched the BBQ hot plate for awhile ! Spits, and wood ovens, and now the UDS have taken priority!

DRUMHEAD`4`LIFE
CM

Oh my bad, you won lol.

moyboy????

couple of updates...

took some parts off of an old gas grill

wire basket to hold thermometers,brushes or whatever

2cdgb2p.jpg

lid handle

2vw89yc.jpg

the whole drum

w7gdns.jpg