• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Count's Drunken Adventures In The Kitchen

I know we already have the drunken chef thread, but I'm going to start this anyway.  Almost anytime I snap a picture in the kitchen whisky is involved.  Don't let the beers with the plated pics fool you, I just crack one open to drink while eating since hot straight bourbon doesn't taste good with food to me.  The rest of the night is all WHISKY!!!  t didn't even know I had taken most of the pics I'm going to upload initially.  They date back to October 2015 or so and I just found them while uploading pics from the camera of a recent off-roading trip.

So lets start with Drunken Chicken Lo Mein…...

Next up is BBQ chicken, oven roasted potatoes and Ranch Style canned beans.  

Tostados?  I seriously do not remember making or eating these!

Scoville DeVille said:

Agreed!

Wow!
Thanks guys.  I used to take pics of plated meals so that on Sunday morning when I was trying to make up a grocery/meals list I could look through the pics and see what looked like something I wanted to cook that week.  Pictures talk to my stomach much better than my recipe book.  Then that just turned into taking more and better pics to post here to give other people ideas.  I have personally copied quite a few ideas I have seen here that looked so good I had to try them. 

Cheese steak subs here.  These aren't meant to be authentic which is why I don't use the term Philly.  The cheese is Cheese Wiz and the steak is ribeye marinaded quickly in Worchestershire and A1, cooked quickly in a hot oiled skillet.  I cook up some thinly sliced bell peppers and white onion in a little oil in another skillet and top it all off with a heavy dose of garlic salt.  They were an original drunk creation resulting from "I need to make us something to eat, what do I have in the fridge and pantry?"  My wife and I devoure them and are 2.5 year old loves the steak strips.  

Ashen said:
Yep that would be a "Whiz Wit" ...   I've been studying up on how to order if I ever get to Philly.     

Nice!

I've had one of those, as rendered down here by a local joint, and it was good eats ...

:CHEERS:

grantmichaels said:
Looks good to me!

Besides, I think CW is authentic to at least one of the popular places up there ...
Thanks.  I have been a fan of Wiz since I was a kid, my older brother introduced me to it (someone has got to use that in their signature, lol).  I like it on crackers and anything that needs some shitty cheese gooeyness.

Chicken schnitzel sandwiches….. are awesome.  We live in a town founded by German immigrants and my wife and I are both of primarily German decent.  So there are alot of German style restaurants here and when we eat out, that is usually what we chose.  I recently saw chicken schnitzel sandwiches on a restaurant menu and decided that it sounded like something I'd like to make, so I did.  It turned out good and my wife said to add it to the recipe book.  It is really just what we call chicken fried chicken that is coated in panko instead of flour, but it sure is good.  The crunch of the panko works out great on a sandwich IMO.

grantmichaels said:
Love schnitzel ...

I would be happy to eat at your pad ... good eats!
Thanks.  I've had friends  and coworkers over for dinner before who were amazed at the food I can crank out while drinking.  My wife says that as soon as the happy juice hits me I'm on cooking cruise control  :drunk:

This is what happens when it's getting late, you're pretty drunk and all you start craving breakfast food.  One egg held together nicely in a mason jar lid, the other… not so much.

The Count said:
Thanks.  I've had friends  and coworkers over for dinner before who were amazed at the food I can crank out while drinking.  My wife says that as soon as the happy juice hits me I'm on cooking cruise control  :drunk:

This is what happens when it's getting late, you're pretty drunk and all you start craving breakfast food.  One egg held together nicely in a mason jar lid, the other… not so much.

Nice, a personal favorite too ... those remind me of going to work w/ my dad in the Summer ...

Dang, I think I just broke the like button up in here. When I seen the Pork carnitas and charro beans, I knew there was something special about this particular Chef.

Made some chicken and cheese enchiladas last night for my bday.  I poached the chicken and made the sauce in the AM so I could get supper served at a decent time  :drunk:  The green sauce is just poblanos, serranos, onion, tomatillos and garlic that were roasted then blended.

Then I just quickly fry corn tortillas while the shredded chicken and green sauce cook together awhile.  

Add half of the mexican crema and half of the jalapeño jack to the chicken/sauce mix.

Assemble enchiladas, top with remaining cheese and bake. 

Plop on some hot sauce and dig in.

grantmichaels said:
I've never had homemade enchiladas, but they sound/look great, and people seem to get excited when folks do make them ...

My wife LOVES enchiladas.  Any time we eat at a mexican restaurant she is more than likely going to order enchiladas.  She swears these are better than any chicken enchiladas she has ever had.  I think they are great, but I typically prefer beef and cheese enchiladas with chili gravy.

Back