• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Count's Drunken Adventures In The Kitchen

I know we already have the drunken chef thread, but I'm going to start this anyway.  Almost anytime I snap a picture in the kitchen whisky is involved.  Don't let the beers with the plated pics fool you, I just crack one open to drink while eating since hot straight bourbon doesn't taste good with food to me.  The rest of the night is all WHISKY!!!  t didn't even know I had taken most of the pics I'm going to upload initially.  They date back to October 2015 or so and I just found them while uploading pics from the camera of a recent off-roading trip.

So lets start with Drunken Chicken Lo Mein…...

Next up is BBQ chicken, oven roasted potatoes and Ranch Style canned beans.  

Tostados?  I seriously do not remember making or eating these!

I made some lightly blacked catfish on the grill recently.  Doing this inside seems to always smoke bomb the hell out of the house :shame: , so  a cast iron pan on the grill works just as well.  My wife isn't a fan of "blackening" seasoning so I did two in a lemon pepper style to try out.  Both came out great.  Veggies were done indoors because I couldn't find my grill basket  :drunk:

The fish fillets were brushed with oil just before each side hit the pan, and the pan got just a small slice of butter before each side as well.  I have over buttered in the house before, not fun.  Every ****ing smoke detector on that side of the house went off   :fire:

I think I'll try a little more butter next time since I'll be doing them like this outside from now on.  

Tortilla wrapped food have been popular around the house lately.  First up is carne guisada with nothing but homegrown fresh sliced jalapeños and HBD choco hab sauce. 

Next up is fajitas.  Skirt steak and pepper/onion mix with fresh jalapeños.  No sauce involved..... I think  :drunk:

We call these fajita pitas.  I marinade the meat, in this case chicken breast and skirt steak, in italian dressing and a few splashes of Worchestershire sauce for a few hours and then grill.  I grill white onion, bell pepper and jalepenos in a grill basket.  the "pico" is tomatoes, red onion and cucumber in a greek dressing.  And instead of tzatziki sauce I use homemade ranch dressing/dip.  They are supposed to be topped with feta cheese but I was out drunk.

Thanks.  I got the idea from a greek place we used to eat at in Houston called Niko Niko's.  They made a similar pita using beef and lamb, but would mix chicken if you didn't want lamb.  They used tomato and red onion slices instead of it being diced up.  They also didn't use drilled onion or peppers, I added that.  They obviously used tzatziki, which is soooooo good I'v never had anything that compares to it.  

Back