• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Fire of Nil's Indoor Jungle

So, this year, for some reason I have this strange urge to grow more. This urge isn't limited to 1 or 2 new plants even though I live and grow in a small apartment, this is the type of urge that will make my soon to be wife question my sanity (not that she hasn't already). The following peppers will have some form of real estate in my apartment (the anuums will be outside to be fair, but that is 'cuz they like to be annuals anyways).

Unstable Hybrid (year 2 woo) ✓ 3 Gallon Soil
Peach Bhut ✓ 7 Gallon Soil
Tomato Pepper ✓ 3 Gallon Soil
Farmers Jalapeño ✓ Hydroponic, 2x 1 Gallon soil
Tekne Dolması ✓ 3 Gallon Soil, 1 Gallon soil
Costa Rican Yellow ✓ 7 Gallon Soil
Chocolate Brain Strain ✓ Hydroponic
7 Pot Jonah ✓ Hydroponic, 3x 3 Gallon soil
Peach Ghost Scorpion ✓ Hydroponic
CGN 22091 ✓ Hydroponic
Aji Dulce ✓ Hydroponic
Fatalii ✓ 7 Gallon Soil, 2x 1 Gallon soil
Infinity ✓ Hydroponic
Poblano
SB7J ✓ Hydroponic

And a lot of other plants outside I never was able to find homes for... total of 29 plants...

Of course I will update with pictures as the time passes.

The LED is a red/blue with UV and IR bandwidths as well. Only a 150w panel but with the mylar tent it provides ample light. I do use 2 additional 12w red/blue floods on the young plants to give them a little extra somethin' somethin'.

Edit: The grow tent is 5x5 and plenty tall, will be growing the hydro peppers tall to utilize vertical space for production.

gallery_11225_192_1434930.png

Two of my peppers have started their second set of leaves and have been transplanted, they were also the first to hook. Pictured is a Peach Ghost Scorpion and a CGN 22091 is the other winner.
I will be posting all my photos in my GLOG gallery to save space here. Link:  http://thehotpepper.com/gallery/album/192-fonzies-led-hydro/

Blister said:
Nice looking grow. I tend to run my lights 24/7 for the first few weeks as well. Then I switch over to 18/6 after 5 to 7 weeks. It's worked great so far.

What's the make and wattage of the LED you're using?

That is a big grow tent.

Neil

So, thought I'd let you know the 150w panel 24/7 got my first peppers from planted to transplanted in 16 days... little race cars.

Now that should do the job! I'd like to have a bit of extra heat in my early season starts too. I keep my house a cool 18.5c at night in the winter and the plants would certainly do better with more heat.

Neil

I had good production at around 20-23c last year, looking forward to seeing what simulating a tropic environment will do for the grow, last year was dry 10-25% humidity (would have been 0% in winter without humidifier) and cold, this year they have ~40% humidity and 30-35c to bask in with plenty of light.

8/8 transplanted now, went with SB7J F3 and Infinity for my last two buckets. The Farmer's Jalapeño is taking the lead for happiest hydro pepper thus far. Still in soil, 2 peach ghost scorpions are growing the fastest with 2nd leaves forming and 3rd set just barely visible in between.

Question, my Farmer's Jalapeños are very lanky compared to any of the other peppers be them Chinense or Annuum - I picked the one for hydro that was the least so. Does this particular cultivar have a tendency to grow long?

did first water change on first couple xplants, next water changes will be done tomorrow and friday. Also upped the nutes from previous levels a bit since they are past the shock of switching to hydro.

Back