• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The March Dutch-Oven Classic

uh oh! Sounds like the big guns are coming back in force for this next TD! :eek:

If we do DO someone better do the real style with coals on the lid. Something tells me frydad would. And a banana leaf would be involved.

I was JUST going to ask if The Boss had weighed in on this discussion yet. We're all getting our menus together and it hasn't been officially declared yet. :lol:

There will be charcoal involved in the soflo entries. Olde Timey style.
That's all I can divulge at this moment.

This is going to be a good one.

JayT's Dutch Oven Ribs!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope, I hope, I hope~~~~~

Thanks, TB, that made my evening... :rofl:

Oh and did I say....roflmao!

'course after that, JayT'll probably come out with something totally off the wall and kick all our butts.
:cool:

never been camping in my life and never used a dutch oven - until today never knew such a thing existed, don't own one and not sure that i will (unless i can find one at a garage sale or the dollar store). nonetheless, i'll give anything a try once - if this is the challenge, count me in. i guess that i can improvise and throw some sort of covered vessel on the fire pit (or the grill).

buddy, you probably already own a dutch oven. Covered casserole, with handles...

As Shrek said, "tha'll do, Donkey...tha'll do..."

JayT's Dutch Oven Ribs!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope, I hope, I hope~~~~~

Thanks, TB, that made my evening... :rofl:

Oh and did I say....roflmao!

'course after that, JayT'll probably come out with something totally off the wall and kick all our butts.
:cool:

Heh. I got teh man's number and we are tied at 3. I got no intention of allowin' 4. DTS and SoFlo I worry about as well as yo' bad 'sef. That's some serious heat right there. To be sure..like Jimi vs. The Who....I'll be pullin' out all the stops.

Two years ago I could barely cook easy mac & cheese. One day, while trying to cook some, I burned it to a crisp because I forgot to add water. The house stunk for 4 days! The only things I could make were sandwiches and boxed pizza. Also, I tried to grill ribs for the first time and completely burned them to a crisp.

When I moved out to attend college last year I started cooking meals from boxes and making homemade bread and pizza. I joined an online smoking forum and learned the basics of smoking meats. Three months later, I entered my first competition (placed 11-12 in chicken and Ribs). Since then, I’ve learned a lot. I went from not being able to bbq to back yard comp bbq’er in 3 months time with awesome scores.

I have so much passion for cooking I figure it’s got to be a God-given gift. This is how I got started in the cooking biz! :rofl:

TB, instead of worrying about someone's unlikely 4th win, you should start worrying about the fact that the next 4 consecutive crowns will be mine.... :P

pssst Marcie, make sure you check out the TD last summer when the smack-talking newbies got thoroughly schooled.

and, welcome~ :)

pssssst, Marcie, don't let the wrinkled old farts intimidate you..... just remember where all their gas came from..... :rofl:

Back