• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheGreenChileMonster's 2017 GLOG

Now that it is almost time to plant out, I figured I'd start up my GLOG for the year. I've cut out almost all superhots this year, and am growing solely peppers I regularly cook with. Here is a link to my glog last year:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60119-thegreenchilemonsters-2016-grow/

I did a good job documenting my grow last season, but I plan to give more regular updates this year. I'm growing more veggies this year too, so I needed to free up some space in my garden. Here is the list for the year. All of these are either OW plants or well established seedlings.

Aji Limo
Aji Mochero
Aji Amarillo
Aji Pacay
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Dulce
Aji Largo (Pubescens)
Aji Oro (Pubescens)
Rocoto Rojo Arequipeño
Rocoto Oculto
Red Peruvian Rocoto
Giant Red Rocoto
Giant Yellow Rocoto
Rocoto Peru Cusco
Mini Red Rocoto
Large Red Rocoto
Turbo Pube
Guatemalan Red Rocoto
Carolina Reaper

I'll start posting pics and updates as soon as I start planting out over the next few weeks. There may also be some veggie and home brew pics in this GLOG throughout the season.

Malarky said:
I think you need a beer in that shot for size perspective
It's too dark for that now, but I will throw a brew in there next time for sure!

I'm cooking with one of those rocotos right now.

Attachments

• 20170824_201747.jpg
    20170824_201747.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
tctenten said:
Really nice pepper. It has the right amount of heat for me. I had them all last week with lunch.

I am drying out seeds now. Do you want some freshies?
Glad to hear you like it! I would recommend using it for any fish/seafood dish, it is the best pepper I've used for fish/seafood dishes.

I'm excited to try out some of those seeds. Hopefully they will grow yellow. It would be nice to have both the red and yellow in the garden next year.

I have way more pods than I can even eat through right now, including a good 40-50 red aji limo pods I just picked, so I'm down for just the seeds.

Thanks a bunch!

My friend's girlfriend just got back from Peru. I had asked her and her family to get me some seeds while they were there. They gave me all of these seeds last night. Even though I grow most of these already, I'll probably grow one plant from each seed pack next year. I gave them a bag of fresh aji limo from my garden to thank them.

Attachments

• 20170825_204506.jpg
    20170825_204506.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 47
Malarky said:
wow your limos are nearly as big as the amarillo!
My amarillo are taking forever to ripen!

congrats on the giant yellow they look awesome!
Yeah man, those aji limo in the front are seed savers.

The giant yellow rocoto are suuuuuper juicy, with quite a nice scotch bonnet level of spiciness.

I'll send some seeds your way, along with the aji panca.

Back