• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ThePepperGrowingMan's 2011 Grow Log

Here's what I am starting with this year, seeds went in the dirt today :dance:
More will be started when it gets a little closer to being able to put them outside.

giant jolokia
jonah 7 pod
chocolate jolokia
7 pod brain strain
doughlah
caribbean red
pimenta de neyde

img_3888.jpg

Jonahs look great Jeremy - true to what grew for me. Those seeds came to me from Tony Q down in Tampa. (aka scoville) Nice plants - mine won't die and is on it's 3rd year. Basically another barely edible 7 Pot to scare your friends with. I prefer the Bhut in every way.

Thanks Mill & Buddy.

Not ripe but we're getting there...

Some bhuts (my seeds)
img_4456.jpg

img_4455.jpg

a 7 pod brain strain (cappy seeds)
img_4447.jpg

a 7 pod douglah (cappy seeds)
img_4451.jpg

and a bunch of 7 pod jonahs (BigT seeds)
img_4449.jpg

It's been hotter than hell but pods are a' setting :dance:

Thepeppergrowingman garden is looking smoking with beautiful pods! I think when your BS 7 pod gets a little bigger it will show itself better, how about the one Bhut pod that has that fat stinger pretty sure that is just the flower getting stuck early when that pod was forming but cool. You'll be eating freah pods again from your garden, hope you received the Yellow 7 Pod I sent? Just checking everything arrived safe.

Thepeppergrowingman garden is looking smoking with beautiful pods! I think when your BS 7 pod gets a little bigger it will show itself better, how about the one Bhut pod that has that fat stinger pretty sure that is just the flower getting stuck early when that pod was forming but cool. You'll be eating freah pods again from your garden, hope you received the Yellow 7 Pod I sent? Just checking everything arrived safe.

Thank you, it's turning out to be a good season. The picture of the brain i posted does not do it justice. Here's a better angle

img_4460.jpg

The pods on both of the brains i have going look very nice and true to form. I got the seeds from you last year along with the douglahs. I'm sure the bhut is just a weird one too but yea it's cool. My early season bhuts always twist and turn in some interesting ways. I got the yellow's you sent and they are awesome. Snacked on them at the fence with the neighbor, added to some salsa and incorporated them into my chicken/bacon/cheese/sauce/multiple-kinds-of-peppers/onions/etc/etc/etc dinner a few nights ago. The pods look awesome (4 in my package are especially nice and will be used for seeds), the taste is great and the burn is just right. All around winner in my book.

:cheers:

Your Chocolate Bhuts look great Jeremy. Right now, my Choc Bhuts are bigger in pod size than my Giant Bhuts. Are the Giant Bhuts late bloomers? I know the pods I got from you were absolutely huge so I'm hoping they grow eventually.

Your Chocolate Bhuts look great Jeremy. Right now, my Choc Bhuts are bigger in pod size than my Giant Bhuts. Are the Giant Bhuts late bloomers?

Same here, right now my chocolates are bigger than the giants. I seem to remember the giants being behind all my other plants last year too before they took off. I'm going to dig up the old grow thread and see.

I checked last years grow log. On July 6th i pointed out that the giants were smaller than all of my other pods. On July 16th I said they were taking off / getting bigger. The next photos were not until Aug 29 and i pointed out how big the plants and pods were. Last years weather was awesome too so I'm fairly certain they are late season plants/pods.

I checked last years grow log. On July 6th i pointed out that the giants were smaller than all of my other pods. On July 16th I said they were taking off / getting bigger. The next photos were not until Aug 29 and i pointed out how big the plants and pods were. Last years weather was awesome too so I'm fairly certain they are late season plants/pods.

Good to know - the plant size on my #1 Giant Bhut is impressive, and it has plenty of pods - the pods are OK in size right now, just not Giant. It's 104F here right now and that's not helping. Supposed to cool off in a few days so I'll post an update on my thread early next week. I'll stop screaming at them to grow now.

your plants are looking great. mine took a real beating in the monday storm. lost 6 plants - snapped in half. oh well, still have a lot more. had lots of flowers but dropped a ton in the heat. we'll see what happens over the next week or so. good luck.

Good to know - the plant size on my #1 Giant Bhut is impressive, and it has plenty of pods - the pods are OK in size right now, just not Giant. It's 104F here right now and that's not helping. Supposed to cool off in a few days so I'll post an update on my thread early next week. I'll stop screaming at them to grow now.

Weather has been rough here too and I'm sure it's not helping. Sounds like are plants are at about the same spot right now.

your plants are looking great. mine took a real beating in the monday storm. lost 6 plants - snapped in half. oh well, still have a lot more. had lots of flowers but dropped a ton in the heat. we'll see what happens over the next week or so. good luck.

Thanks and yea Monday was rough. I have been lucky, no lost plants this year. I had one that got flattened a week or two ago but I stood it back up and it's growing like a champ. It's a chocolate bhut, here's a picture from last night.

img_4464.jpg

Update time -

Garden 1. Giant Jalapenos, Purple Jalapenos, Cayennes, Chocolate Habs an Orange Hab and a Pimenta De Neyde

img_4479.jpg

Gardens 3 & 4. Almost all of my superhots. They have been taking off. Have a douglah, some chocolate jolokias and giant jolokias that are right around 3 1/2 feet and growing by the day. All the plants are doing pretty well considering the heat.

img_4481.jpg

These chocolate jolokias are neon, almost white looking compared to all of the other chocolate jolokias I'm growing. All pods on the plant look the same. Should be interesting to see how the ripe pods turn out.

img_4480.jpg

Jonah's going crazy

img_4484.jpg

And let's wrap this up with a brain strain

img_4482.jpg

My gallery is here. Includes pics from 2010 & 2011. http://thepepperseed.com/pepper-photo-gallery/

Have just started to notice some ripening on various pods. Any day now...

And so it begins

img_4498.jpg

My first ripening giant bhut jolkia. It's one of the first pods that formed so it's kind of runty but i have sampled some green ones from the same plant and they are scorching hot. Speaking of my giants, now that we've had some consistent warm weather I'm starting to get some decent sized pods again. This week is supposed to be perfect pepper growing weather so hopefully more good growth coming. My chocolates are rockin'. I think one of my giants crossed with a caribbean red last year. Will get some pictures of those in the next few days. Kind of cool looking pods and the plant's producing like mad. Screaming hot too.

2010/2011 pepper gallery - http://thepepperseed.com/pepper-photo-gallery/

Grow on growers.

Back