• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tommys south texas glog '15--FINAL GROW LIST FRONT PAGE 2/9/15

Well after a few months of research and advice from the fine folks here at THP, I'm happy to start my very first glog!

I started the day by building a stand for my lights, now I'm thinking I may need another ballast.
After I set up the stand and lights, I laid down some foam, then my heat mat.
I filled my 7 cup station with MG seed starter and watered in. After mixing the soil around I laid in my seeds.
*Yellow Primo
*SB7J
*Carolina Reaper
*Greek Pepperoncini
*Bush Big Boy Tomato Hybrid
*Pequin x2
I laid saran wrap over top and tried my best to seal it, but saran wrap and I have never seen eye to eye.
Programmed the timer on the light, 18 on, 6 off, going on from 5pm to 11am. I know lights aren't necessary at this point but what the hell.
Should be getting more seeds in the mail soon, so I'll be setting up a bigger station after that. And now for something we hope you'll really like!
Message_1421953912608_zpsmrdto8ew.jpg

20150122_184648_HDR_zps07xlznyh.jpg

20150122_184716_HDR_zps8wjgaqvo.jpg

The station to the right isn't active yet, thinking I may get another mat for it, especially since I found a place locally that sells them.
Thanks for checking out my glog, wouldn't be possible without y'all!

UPDATE 2/9/15: Here is my final grow list, but first, a very special thank you to the following members:
orekoc
jcw10tc
withywindle72
d3monic
dougthehead
transient exuberance
bucdout57
jimbo53

Thanks to all of you for sending me seeds to get me started!

Now here is my final list in order of rounds planted

Round 1 Planted 1/22

Tepin
Greek Pepperoncini
Carolina Reaper
SB7J
Yellow Primo

Round 2 Planted 2/2

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Chocolate Bhut
Yellow Brain Strain
Yellow Giant Congo
Yellow Moruga
Bahamian Goat
Carolina Reaper
TM Scorpion
Giant Orange Habanero
Bido Tacana
Murupi Amarela
Caribbean Antillais Habanero
Bonda Ma Jacques
OW Ghost Scorpion
OW Moruga 
9 mystery seeds

Round 3 Planted 2/9

Cayenne x Peter
Red Fatalii x Savina
7 Pot Congo
Caribbean Red Habanero
Mystery Red Moruga
Yellow Spaceship
Chocolate Devils Tongue
7 Pot Caramel
Monster Naga
Peach Scorpion
7 Pot Bubblegum
Yellow Cumari
Cumari Du Para
Mustard Bhut
Purple Jalapeno
Mustard Habanero
Datalii
Yellow Bhut
Little Big Red
Tabasco
Datil
Bolsa De Dulce
Aji Pineapple
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Aji Omni
Orange Wild Brazil
Paper Lantern Habanero
Jays Peach Scorpion
Chocolate Habanero
Sweet Datil

Well not much else to do during this stage, so I threw some more seeds into coffee filters and Ziploc and onto the heat mat.
Then I decided to bust out some freezer pods and pop em in the dehydrator. Almost 20 pods of each ghost scorpion and ts moruga gettin ready to be turned to seeds and powder
20150127_132233_zpsrqxnzxth.jpg

20150127_132221_zpsretyqtqr.jpg

Had to toss a few due to black seeds, the ones that look dark are just still a little green.

thirdcoasttx said:
Lookin good so far, good luck this year. I haven't used peat pellets either so I can't comment on them, hope they work out for you
Thanks, I'll be trying them out once I get a couple more seed varieties in.
Once I get the pellets going then I'll have three different germ methods going for a side by side comparison. Should be interesting

Just realized a couple things.
1. I'm growing tepin, not pequin.
2. I'm going to have 20 varieties Growing, plus my OWs and the 16 mystery seeds I got from orekoc.
Idk how you guys with 100+ varieties do it, that's a lot of space, time and effort! True Chile heads :)

Had a couple decide to join the party this morning, Greek pepperoncini and SB7J are in the house!
20150128_095524_zpsmu6dsrj2.jpg
[/img]

20150128_095606_zpsqmfz7vbh.jpg
[/img]

And a group shot

20150128_095731_zps3hokseje.jpg
[/img]

Got a hook from primo and reaper, just waiting a little bit longer under the plastic for good measure. More seeds should be in by Friday or so, then I'll be doubling this count and then some! Already picking up a little Buzz from friends and family who want to grow some from adolescent stage, so the wife won't be so overwhelmed.

Well the reaper and yellow primo decided to show up, fashionably late. And they showed up with helmets on, gave a drop of water each and carefully slid the shells off the cotys. It feels like I'm performing life or death surgery. They seem fine though, no noticeable damage. And the primo is even a triple coty!
20150129_082208_zpsnfqxpgiq.jpg
[/img]

And the reaper..
20150129_082335_zpsd9xo0dwh.jpg
[/img]

Group hug update. Everything's at 100% except reaper, still waiting on the other seed to sprout. I figure I'll ditch the cups when I transplant. Still got a lot of varieties coming, so I'll be setting up the bigger station then. I'm happy with how good these are doing though. So far the test run has been successful. Crossing my fingers for it to stay that way
20150130_2153222_zpseropiqhd.jpg
[/img]

Lookin good so far brotha. I tried to grow some pepperchini last year and only got a few pods off them. I started them a little late in the year though. Let me know at the end of the year how you liked those pequins. I've had dried ones from the mexican store. They was pretty good and hot lil bastages. 

D3monic said:
Lookin good so far brotha. I tried to grow some pepperchini last year and only got a few pods off them. I started them a little late in the year though. Let me know at the end of the year how you liked those pequins. I've had dried ones from the mexican store. They was pretty good and hot lil bastages.
Thanks bud, I found out the pequins are actually tepins, I've been getting those confused my whole life. These are the little berry shaped ones where pequins are like tiny peppers. Both pack a nice punch and put out ridiculous numbers. They grow wild down here. I'm really hoping the pepperonconi does well, I put em pickled on everything.
Have you ever noticed anything different about tricots as far as how well they do through maturity?

Went out to check my OWs today, seeing a ton of new growth starting.
Here's my ghost scorpion. Any idea why there's yellowing now on the stems leading to cut off points?
20150202_133137_zpso0jq5rul.jpg
[/img]

And here's the moruga, a little behind since I didn't leave many leaves on to collect light. But you can see New shoots at almost every node!

20150202_133237_zps0fafoz3k.jpg
[/img]

Thanks to a huge shipment from jcw10tc, my grow list is.. Growing..

Started a 25 cell peat pellet station today. My updated list is as follows:
Tepin
Greek pepperoncini
Carolina reaper
SB7J
Yellow Primo
Yellow Brain Strain
Yellow Giant Congo
Yellow Moruga
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Bahamian Goat
Trinidad Scorpion
Giant Orange Habanero
Bido Tacana
Murupi
Antillais Caribbean Habanero
Bonda Ma Jacques

I also planted seeds from my two OWs as well as 9 mystery seeds sent by orekoc.
The list will continue to be updated over the next week or so. Big thanks to jcw10tc and orekoc for sending me seeds. More thanks will be due pretty soon.

thirdcoasttx said:
Yeah tons of good folks here, looks like your off to a good start, I think last year I had a triple coty primo also, but I some how managed to kill it
Couldn't agree more, everyone here is so helpful! Well, I've encountered one that wasn't, but that's what the block feature is for lol.
Yeah I'm hoping not to kill my tricot, I want to see how that ends up maturing compared to a normal coty

SASE arrived today, Here's a sneak peak into it. Going into wifeys  purse to mail tomorrow. Enjoy my friend. 

Edit: Oops just seen you already had bonda ma jacques... lol oh well.  More beans for next year. 

Someone's going to need a bigger garden *tehe

D3monic said:
SASE arrived today, Here's a sneak peak into it. Going into wifeys  purse to mail tomorrow. Enjoy my friend.   Edit: Oops just seen you already had bonda ma jacques... lol oh well.  More beans for next year. Someone's going to need a bigger garden *tehe
Its beautiful! Good to know you got it buddy, can't wait to get all those goodies goin. I'm definitely gonna need more grow room. Or to get into the farmers market come plant out time. Thanks micheal!

Now if only some my seeds would come :( I been checking for mail like 20 times a day little a lil kid waiting for their cracker jack box mail in . 

Back