• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tonyscoots 2011 Hot Pepper Log

Hello everyone just wanted to say hello and show you guys my collection. Im fairly new at this. I started growing vegetables and peppers after i got hurt from work. (gives me something to do while i recover)

i grow all my seeds in the wet paper towel and ziplock bag method then transplant them into a pellet

I have a few seeds waiting to pop

- yellow hungarian wax
- scotch bonnet pepper
- Bhut Jolokia (ghost pepper) taking forever :mouthonfire:
- serranno pepper

As you all can see i love hot peppers and am willing to try to grow other types of hot peppers...

at the moment im looking for
- trinidad scorpion
- and a few other hot ones

What i have growing

Biker bills pepper (in my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0270.jpg

long hot cayenne
IMG_0268.jpg

early jalapeno ( just started up a few days ago) (n my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0274.jpg

1photo-1.jpg

Red jalapeno
IMG_0269.jpg

Pepper Pinocchio (in my aerogarden as well)
IMG_0272.jpg

Pepper Giant Thai
IMG_0273.jpg

5/18/11
Thanks for looking everyone.

Nice work, Mills. I've had lots of aphids but the macro lens had me fooled, I guess. :shocked:

Definitely isolate from your indoor plants. Would hate to see them get a start on the aerogarden.

Glad to hear the slaughter is underway.... :cool:

i found a few not moving on the top of the leaves and on the soil. so today was a good day for killing aphids :cool:
Very cool. But if you haven't dealt with them before, they are relentless. You gotta spray under the leaves and the stems. I find it helps to wear latex gloves and 'massage' the leaves and stems with the spray. You'll get more of the nymphs and eggs that way. One remaining bug will mean they'll return. What did you choose for kill juice? I battled this winter and didn't get 'complete' death to aphids until I got the plants in a small greenhouse and unleashed LADYBUGS! Epic carnage.... :cool:

lol i used palmolive dish soap and water. i will be doing the spray often to keep it in check although all of the aphids that where on either fell off or got blown away by the mist. i gave em the kill shot and made sure all areas of the plant got sprayed with the solution. it worked very well. I got my eye on them :shocked:

would it be ok to work in the leaves that i have cut off on some of my pepper plants into soil that is to be used soon?

thanks in advance

i just want to say a Great THANKYOU to Nova for being such a great person and sending me the following seeds.....

bhut jolokia
fatalli
chocolate bhut
chocolate fatalli
novas naga
butch T trinidad Scorpian
butch T
douglah 7 pod
barrackpore 7 pod

thanks again scott and i hope to pay it foward to other members and you one day.

is this what i think it is?

well,
if you think it is a flower bud and soon to be a pepper

i will agree with your observation

HUGE BIG FAT GIANT DISCLAIMER: None of this stuff should be construed as pepper growing facts, improved farming, fertilizer advice, or guidance. It is not intended as personal advice or guidance, nor is it offered as such. It is solely the opinion of the writer, who is NOT a trained professional. All the content of this post is solely an expression of his personal interests and is posted as free-of-charge opinion and commentary. If you seek farming advice, consult a registered, qualified entity or counselor (As with any other professional service, confirm their track record and referrals) DYODD do your own due diligence. {plagiarized without permission}

heres a lil update on my pepper plants that i have at the moment (more coming soon)

early jalapeno (from the aerogarden)

photo-2.jpg

Biker Bills (i had the one from the aerogarden and it completely broke in half when the chair knocked into it and it fell to the floor so this is a backup plant i had)

photo-3.jpg

Red Jalapeno

photo-8.jpg

Long Hot Cayanne

photo-4.jpg

Pepper Pinnocchio (from the aerogarden)

photo-5.jpg

Pepper Giant Thai

photo-6.jpg

Serrano Pepper ( Just added this from inside after hardening off for a week this little guy loved the sunlight so i went ahead and added outside)

photo-7.jpg

recently i have been feeding

freshwater fish tank water (twice)
fish fertilizer (once)
Lime (once)
egg shells (twice)
coffee grinds (twice)
chickety doo doo (once)

thats all for the update. Today i have to look for bat guano and worm compost

just a little update from the seeds i got from nova so far the jello shot cup method is working the best

- 1 butch t trinidad scorpion stemmed out (planted in a pellet)
- 1 douglah 7 pod stemmed out

i have them in the jello shot cups on a window sill

they are also in ziplock bags with wet paper towels on top of a 10 gallon fish tank

and i have them in my aerogarden so far the jello shot cup method is winning

yesterday i tried something different and didnt no if it would be a better way to get seeds to germinate that are more difficult but i cut a piece of the seed off where its open and put it back in the ziplock bag so i take a look today and this is what i got. (i might be on to something) :hell:

photo-2-1.jpg

Well stupid me the other day mixed a small amount of epsom salt tobasco sauce abd palmolive soap to kill the little aphids cause i still see a few on some leaves. Well i killed more then the aphids alot of the leaves fell off and some pods that didnt bloom yet. I was jus touching the plant and somr more leaves fell off very easily. I would say that the spray i made was tge reason. The plants still have some leaves on it and im hoping for the best any ideas to help the plants through this time....
Thanks in advance guys

Thanks mill i did that today before i ran out. i was so upset but they all have some leavea left so im hoping for the best. Thanks alot for the advice

Back