• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Tortilla TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAH! That all you got? Okay, take a deep breath. Now close your eyes. Now open them. Now look down at your crotch....

You got your stinkin' shrimp sushi right there Jack!!

KICK ASS!

Haha funny, but you got confused by my lobster crotch. :)
You need to be told that your creole shrimp tort wrap won't win this TD. Come in sit down and allow me to amaze you with what a tort can really be used for

Smack talk?

TB, if you don't win the Tortilla TD everything you've ever posted in TDC, Tex-Mex, or any TD is simply in vain, Mr-texas-fish-taco-echilada-queso-splooge-of-cheese-sauce-blues.

Here's a quarter. Call someone who cares.

(pours queso into receiver)

Your jokes are corny like tortillas.

(Sum's jokes are floury like tortillas)

I'm thinking it's going to take something more than just wrapping something in a tortilla to win this one.

Good. I like it.

You may be thinking wrong there. Celebrate the tortilla, not transform it. But you never know.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that a tad. If you grind up a tortilla like some ground up the ramen, you're basically back to just masa - might as well not have made the tortilla at all. (Assuming, of course, that it's a masa-based tortilla to start with.... don't get technical here.)

Grind one down and make a tortilla! Brilliant! :lol:

You can't compare these TDs. Ramen was making something great out of something regarded as a microwave/college dorm meal. The tortilla is perhaps the best vehicle for food ever invented. It's your canvas. What's inside will certainly matter here. So yeah, wrapping something in a tortilla could easily win. Also, there be be inventive entries but I doubt it will go as far as not being able to recognize the tortilla. That defeats the theme. I do see many ways to be inventive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back