• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Jamison said:
Awesome list!  Best of luck to ya.  I love Bonnets too!
Thank you for looking ... I am aware of your likeness to Bonnets especially MoA as seen in correspondence with Steve Queen and KD
coachspencerxc said:
Did you ever get the yellow SB7J seeds I sent?
Rick I am still hoping they will arrive maybe caught up in the Christmas Post ... but thank you anyway for sending
jcw10tc said:
Looking good again John.  That Jobito x BBG7 isn't a super hot by any means.  Sandra sent me some, probably more along bonnet heat, but a great choice.  They were really good, looking forward to what they grow into this year also.
I thought they looked really cool and different ... nice to be probably the only one growing them in the UK ... as the BBG7 seed was from Chris I thought that it was fitting to have one of his varieties in my grow

Looking forward to following your grow this year. Some of your bonnets are on my grow list this year, really looking forward to trying them. Good luck with the grow!

OCD Chilehead said:
I'm glad to see your keeping the passion alive this year. I love the crosses. I wish you the best of luck in your grow this season. Thanks for sharing John.
Thanks Chuck I have been really lucky with some great bonnet crosses especially "Pimenta Leopard x SB7J" and "Neyde x SB7J" to name two .... here is an update from the clone tent and those that need potting on ... and potted

Clone Tent

Pot on grow tent

Tobago sweet failed to turn up ... re-sown

Two different colour variations of the "Neyde x SB7J"

OCD Chilehead said:
Those look great John. Not long and you will have a jungle. Can't wait to see the end results.
Thanks Chuck hopefully I can manage just one of each variety giving away any spare at our forums Spring get together ... so wish I had the room you all seem to have ... but our quaint little English gardens and our green houses just can't compete with you ... and by the way we are fed up with your storms last week we had Gertrude now we have Henry ... about time you sent us some descent weather haha

Say, John, that's quite a list - lots of interesting stuff there and you're
off to a great start.  Good luck with your grow this year.  Have fun coming
up with novel and unique crosses.

Trident chilli said:
Thanks Chuck I have been really lucky with some great bonnet crosses especially "Pimenta Leopard x SB7J" and "Neyde x SB7J" to name two .... here is an update from the clone tent and those that need potting on ... and potted

Clone Tent

Pot on grow tent

Tobago sweet failed to turn up ... re-sown

Two different colour variations of the "Neyde x SB7J"

Nasty ones! I will follow! I'm interested at SB crosses!
Big up, mate!

Back