• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Chewi said:
EOB Rust? Killer! Haven't seen a pic of those before. Pretty cool looking I imagine :onfire:
Looking forward to this variation Rob as I was unsuccessful last season but managed to grow the Mustard the natural colour though .... Elysium Oxide SB Rust is a cross between SB Faria and a Douglah ... created by a forum member Capasidium I believe .... it has been commercially grown by "Meatfreak" Stefan VG "Tasty-Peppers-NL" another forum member unfortunately this season his site is down as he is concentrating on growing out his new crosses

Google images have many photographs of this variety. If your interested in seed give me a shout in the fall

Trident chilli said:
Looking forward to this variation Rob as I was unsuccessful last season but managed to grow the Mustard the natural colour though .... Elysium Oxide SB Rust is a cross between SB Faria and a Douglah ... created by a forum member Capasidium I believe .... it has been commercially grown by "Meatfreak" Stefan VG "Tasty-Peppers-NL" another forum member unfortunately this season his site is down as he is concentrating on growing out his new crosses

Google images have many photographs of this variety. If your interested in seed give me a shout in the fall

It's actually just Elysium Oxide Bonnet as Elysium Oxide means Rust. Capsidadburn explained this to me back then :) I added the mustard behind because it was an different color phenotype. In shape they are similar but heat and taste wise they are very different. I preferred the Mustard as it was a lot sweeter, less hot and excellent Bonnet fruitiness. Hope it works out for you this season, John.

meatfreak said:
It's actually just Elysium Oxide Bonnet as Elysium Oxide means Rust. Capsidadburn explained this to me back then :) I added the mustard behind because it was an different color phenotype. In shape they are similar but heat and taste wise they are very different. I preferred the Mustard as it was a lot sweeter, less hot and excellent Bonnet fruitiness. Hope it works out for you this season, John.
Stefan thank you for your edit ... fingers crossed it does well

Last season I grew "Matthew Arthur's" SB Peach which was the most prolific flowering variety I have ever grown producing many pods. Many of you will know him for his Wartryx ... I am growing this season SBN ( Sunny Border Nurserey) Chocolate and Red variations .. I would be interested in their parentage if anyone else is growing these varieties

So who is "Matthew Arthur" I was sent this cutting from Superhot Sim

Obscure SB7J crosses Neyde on the right Pimenta Leopard on the right

Further crosses ... Chocolate SB x Black Naga commonly known as "Concord Naga" created by George Apostolopoulos from Concord North Carolina, Butch T x NagaBon, UBSC x SB and Foggia's SB x Trinidad Scorpion Moruga x Annuum

Favourites tray ... MoA Red and Stuffing SB (Plantguy76) Foodarama Red, CCN SB (Florisa) Schneider Farm SB (Pulpiteer) SB7J Select (Steve Queen) SB7J Yellow ( Romy6)

Nursery tray including OBEAH F2 MoA x Reaper (Steve Queen) and both P. Dreadie variations Standard and Select, Meatfreak's ScotchBrain F4, Foodarama Yellow and finally Fatalii x Foodarama Yellow (Dennish)

Hi TC, Glad to see you trying out the EOB. I hope you find it satisfying. It is not something I created, simply a natural cross that found its way to me via fresh Douglah pods back in 2010. I grew it for 3 season's before sharing with others. The Mustard variant did not show up until the 4th season.

I was not planning on growing anything this season as I am busy with family, etc. Jason from GA sent me some unique seed crosses so I have a late start of those and some F6 EOB's.

Great looking starts!
Good luck with your season

Mike

Ozzy2001 said:
Those Rust pods look awesome. What's the heat/flavor on those?
Scott I cannot comment on the Rust EOB as this variety eluded me last season however the Mustard variation had good heat and flavour ... I have a healthy Rust seedling so looking forward to its appraisal
capsidadburn said:
Hi TC, Glad to see you trying out the EOB. I hope you find it satisfying. It is not something I created, simply a natural cross that found its way to me via fresh Douglah pods back in 2010. I grew it for 3 season's before sharing with others. The Mustard variant did not show up until the 4th season.
I was not planning on growing anything this season as I am busy with family, etc. Jason from GA sent me some unique seed crosses so I have a late start of those and some F6 EOB's.
Great looking starts!
Good luck with your season
Mike
Thanks Mike for looking in ... all the best to you for this season and those F6
juanitos said:
nice phat leaves
Cheers took a chance putting seedlings into Dutch Hydroponic Soil "BioBizz" but at the moment looks like it's paid off
BearDown said:
Those are some healthy looking plants. Nicely done!
Thank you
heefy said:
Nice work as always John. Keep the updates coming.
Cheers Heath ... plants are coming along nicely ... only two no shows at the moment .. Tobago Sweet and 2SB7J which isn't bad out of 50 plus plants ... hopefully Spring will come soon as the south facing windowsills are starting to fill up
grispa72 said:
Very, very nice plants! Big leaves and beautiful shapes! Congratulations!
Paolo
Thank you for looking in ... Two tents .. Clone tent for seedlings under T5's ... more mature plants under CFL vegative growth in a larger grow tent then to make space moved to south facing windowsills. During the day we are getting a fair amount of sun but still suffering from night frost. All plants in "BioBizz" Dutch Hydroponic Soil

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
the bonnet KING.. glad to see things are doing great.. cant wait to see how things progress
KD kind words but I think you Steve Queen and Jamison have done a lot of work to promote the Scotch Bonnet .... your on my radar MoA Purple cross and TFM SB x Yellow Pixie intriguing so if you have planted these varieties I would love some seed in the fall

Must be due an update as its been a while .... thanks for looking in

Steve Queen's MoA SB x Reaper

A selection of P. Dreadie's standard and the select varieties

Always a bonus when you plant a seedling from a plug/sponge and you get unexpected twins

Nice to keep my hand in with the hotties ....

John Ford's Moruga x Doughlah pod and the seed produced these plants ....

Back