• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trident's Bonnets 2016

Once again it's that time of year ... sowing miss labelling and no shows. Thank you to all that have helped me find new and obscure bonnets and hybrids. This forum generosity has been staggering and the Christmas Cards across the pond full of seed have worked well in both directions ... clone tent cleaned T5's dusted off

Firstly the usual suspects

Elysium Oxide - Mustard
Elysium Oxide - Rust
ScotchBrain F4 - Meatfreak
NeBru7
Trinidad SB x 7pot
SB Foodarama Red
SB Foodarama Yellow
MoA Yellow
SB Jamaican Yellow
SB P. Dreadie
SB Peach
SB Atomic
SB7J
SB FreePort Orange
SB Allen Boatman

New for 2016

SB Saraga Orange Short Pheno - jcw10tc/Fiogga
SB Saraga Orange Long Pheno - Fiogga
SB Jamaica Orange Long - mpicante
SB Jamaica Orange Short - mpicante
SB Yellow CCN ( Cross Country Nurseries ) - mpicante/Mr Bigglesworth
SB x TSM x Red Annuum F2 - Fiogga
SB Chocolate x Black Naga - Heefy/PepperNorth
SB Yellow x Naga Morich - HotToddy
SB Yellow Foodarama x Yellow Fatalii - Dennish
SB Schneider Farm - Pulpiteer/Romy6
SB Caramel - Romy6
SB Jamaican Long - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Red - Superhot Sim
SB Mathew Arthur's SBN Chocolate - Superhot Sim
SB MoA Red - Plantguy76
SB Stuffing - Plantguy76
SB Jamaica - Mr Bigglesworth
SB x UBSC Red - Heefy
SB7J Yellow F1 - Romy6
SB7J Select - Steve Queen
2SB7J F1 - SB7J x MoA - Steve Queen
Neyde x SB7J - Chili Riot
Pimenta Leopard x SB7J
Obeah F2 - MoA x Reaper - Steve Queen
SB Mystery possible x BG - HotToddy
PA 353 - look alike Bonnet - Fiogga

Having successfully grown Borg9, UBSC Brown and Yaki last season I thought I would again grow a few hotties after a lot of thought I have chosen four ... Aji Jobito x BBG7 - Fiogga (Sandra) ... alot has been said about Aji Jobito all good things ... seed from Joe Delaney and BBG7 from Chris Phillips - would be nice if everyone included a seed/variety in this year's grow of Chris's

I am sure Sandra would not mind me posting her photograph

Well we have all heard and seen the great work "Medecins Sans Frontiers" do around the world especially in war torn areas. Sandra's daughters partner is part of Doctors Without Borders and probably whilst her daughter might say "take care" Sandra may say "If you see a chilli grab it" .. I love a story so my second hottie is simply another of hers named "DWB Columbia Red with tail"

Finally third and fourth choice "Arkansas Peach" a Sawyer Reaper variation I understand - Pulpiteer ... Moruga x Douglah - Snagglepus ... Knowing me there may well be more ... thank you for looking

Pulpiteer said:
Things are looking good!  How's the heat been for you guys this summer?
Andy at the moment we are experiencing the Spanish plume as warm air pushed up over Europe .... temperatures up to 32c ... really helped the plants all now flowering and producing immature pods. Schneider Farm doing very well and once the pods get a bit bigger I will post a picture

Thanks for looking in

Trident chilli said:
Andy at the moment we are experiencing the Spanish plume as warm air pushed up over Europe .... temperatures up to 32c ... really helped the plants all now flowering and producing immature pods. Schneider Farm doing very well and once the pods get a bit bigger I will post a picture

Thanks for looking in
I'd never heard of the Spanish plume - had to look it up.  Looks like it gives you high temps and maybe severe storms?  Have you gotten the bad storms from it?  I looked at my Schneider Farm SB's and they looked a bit different, which makes me afraid they crossed, even though I isolated them from other plants.  That frustrates me...

Hi John I am way behind on glogs an have dropped the ball on my own glog
The sengals may be misslabled a hybrid or there putting out off phenos .
It has been a dishearting year but somethings have turn around.
I may just plant these reaper X paper lantern next year.
That said I am glad that your grow is doing so well looking forward to the rest of your grow & your yearly review.

Plantguy76 said:
Hi John I am way behind on glogs an have dropped the ball on my own glog
The sengals may be misslabled a hybrid or there putting out off phenos .
It has been a dishearting year but somethings have turn around.
I may just plant these reaper X paper lantern next year.
That said I am glad that your grow is doing so well looking forward to the rest of your grow & your yearly review.
Well I just orderd form buckeye pepper company using my reward points was only 7.00 bucks for Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion,farmer's market scotch bonnet & big Sun habanero
So I guess I will try again next year the sengals are doing well .
Sorry for highjacking your golf an rambling on

Pulpiteer said:
I'd never heard of the Spanish plume - had to look it up.  Looks like it gives you high temps and maybe severe storms?  Have you gotten the bad storms from it?  I looked at my Schneider Farm SB's and they looked a bit different, which makes me afraid they crossed, even though I isolated them from other plants.  That frustrates me...
Andy Schneider Farm is pushing out lots of pods all immature at the moment but time will tell .... to be honest they have a good shape ... next week I will post a picture
Plantguy76 said:
Well I just orderd form buckeye pepper company using my reward points was only 7.00 bucks for Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion,farmer's market scotch bonnet & big Sun habanero
So I guess I will try again next year the sengals are doing well .
Sorry for highjacking your golf an rambling on
Jason sorry this hasn't been your season ... give me a shout in the fall and I will pop some seed in a Chistmas card ... MoA Red/ SB Stuffing just starting to form pods .. will keep you updated ... thanks again

Trident chilli said:
Andy Schneider Farm is pushing out lots of pods all immature at the moment but time will tell .... to be honest they have a good shape ... next week I will post a picture

Jason sorry this hasn't been your season ... give me a shout in the fall and I will pop some seed in a Chistmas card ... MoA Red/ SB Stuffing just starting to form pods .. will keep you updated ... thanks again
Thanks John I am hoping that the not sengals will turn out to be something special .
Also thanks for the seeds in advance will be much appreciated
Trident chilli said:
Picture update .....

Obeah F2

Leopard x SB7J

Yellow Primo x NagaBon

Saraga Orange SB

Chocolate SB x Naga (Concorde Naga)

Thanks for looking in
+ 1 to what frank said very nice crosses indeed

moruga welder said:
very nice crosses !       :onfire:
Frank thank you but the credit goes to those on this forum that have helped me continue to grow Scotch Bonnets and their hybrids ....

SB Chocolate x Black Naga ( Concorde Naga) thanks to Drew (PepperNorth) created by George Apostolopoulos - Concorde N. Carolina

Saraga Orange found in a International Grocery Store in Indiana, Indianapolis - Justin (jcw10tc) and Foggia

Yellow Primo x NagaBon - Justin

Obeah - Steve Queen

Leopard x SB7J - an unnamed donor
Plantguy76 said:
Thanks John I am hoping that the not sengals will turn out to be something special .
Also thanks for the seeds in advance will be much appreciated
+ 1 to what frank said very nice crosses indeed
Thank you Jason

Trident chilli said:
Not seen this before hairy branches and leaf stems on a Scotch Bonnet ... hope the photograph shows what I mean hairs on my Orange long although the short variation has the same ... any ideas

Hmmm... Pubiscens varieties aren't supposed to cross readily with others. Have you ever grown Goat's Weed or some of the wild chiles like C. Praetermissum John? :think:

You've got some good looking chiles growing, I'll be curious to see how they do for you in that mini-hoophouse.

Trident chilli said:
Not seen this before hairy branches and leaf stems on a Scotch Bonnet ... hope the photograph shows what I mean hairs on my Orange long although the short variation has the same ... any ideas

That's a an interesting bonnet makes me think of a tomato plant

stickman said:
Hmmm... Pubiscens varieties aren't supposed to cross readily with others. Have you ever grown Goat's Weed or some of the wild chiles like C. Praetermissum John? :think:

You've got some good looking chiles growing, I'll be curious to see how they do for you in that mini-hoophouse.
Rick no goat's weed or Wild chillies here ... Mpicante kindly sent me the seed for both long and short varieties ... long pushing out small immature pods ... hopefully soon the short will catch up

Plenty of pods forming in the ploy tunnel and out in the garden here is a quick update

ScotchBrain

Beth Boyd SB

Leopard x SB7J

Schneider Farm SB

Looking Good John great pic digging Beth Boyd SB & the Scheinder Farm SB there looking great!
I am interested in what the flavor an heat of the Leopard X SB7J is like
Your making great progress looks like your having a good year.

Can confirm some chinense grow hairs. At least one of my several Hab varieties from the South Devon Chilli Farm has them, albeit not to quite that extent, yet is putting out what are clearly Bonnet/Hab shaped pods.
It's weird but they're clearly the labelled varieties so I guess the Pubesens genetics aren't quite as distinct as we thought.

Back