• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Pepper

Hey guys. Really wanted to grow some hot peppers this year. Decided to order some seeds off amazon, and sure enough they germinated within 10 days using the wet paper towel method. So far, these guys have been alive for 12 days and are out on the back deck soaking up the Georgia sun.

Really hope to track the progress even further and get some really nice, mean, looking peppers !

vj2j3z5.jpg
m437zCj.jpg
Z09q44x.jpg
vWSuePk.jpg

Need some input...Since its foretasted to rain for the next ~2 weeks straight, will the habanero peppers come out more sweeter than hot?

I know you're suppose to only water plants that are producing fruit when they get REALLY dry, but will the rain have a different effect on the spiciness, as opposed to the water from the hose?

KingLeerUK said:
No amount of rain is going to turn your habaneros into bell peppers.   ;)

What you may find is that your pods will be more full, the walls thicker and perhaps a lot juicer than typical.

lmao cool.

One more thing...The reaper and bhut are in buckets that are right next to each other. Should I be worried about cross pollination? Or would that just give me another badass strain? lol

I would only be worried about cross-pollination if you are planning on conserving seeds and planting/trading them.  Any cross-pollination will not affect this years' fruits; they will grow true.

Plants are looking nice! That reaper looks like a twin to my big one, 4 buds on each node and a black stem. If you're worried about crossing you could get some Tulle fabric and make a plant cover. There are several threads about it.

Don't think ill be worrying about them crossing.

Man, I can't wait to show everyone these reapers tho. The tail they have alone makes them  look like its a fruit from the devil himself..

Reaper popping out more flowers. Hopefully the bees in the backyard pollinate them. A good 12 buds have already began to show.

0kFk7xc.jpg

QqTma4C.jpg

A look at the top three. Scorpion, Bhut, and Reaper. The Bhut has TONS of flowers and the leaves are looking very healthy. Gonna be get a good harvest, I can tell.

gwBHlgr.jpg

Some pics I took like 30 mins ago after waking up.

Reaper. Holy shit, this guy is gonna be wicked hot .

ZHJB29G.jpg

Bhuts are fine. Got a good 10+ pods growing out 1 tree. Got that going for me.
rLrPzp1.jpg

Jamaican yellow mushroom. IKeepFish, dude I forgot to label this one when I planted it....So i crossed it with some of the "Scorpions" I have.
tgXNgVw.jpg

Ok, I'm not sure anymore what kind of plant this is...Might be some kind of variation of the Trinidad Scorpion, but it's definitely not one with a tail. :(

7UqORsY.jpg

Grow is looking solid. Love the reaper pods. I bet they start to color up soon. I may have missed it; where did you get the seeds for those guys?

Shame about the scorpion... probably going to be a tasty chinense either way.

Keep on growin'!

maximumcapsicum said:
Grow is looking solid. Love the reaper pods. I bet they start to color up soon. I may have missed it; where did you get the seeds for those guys?

Shame about the scorpion... probably going to be a tasty chinense either way.

Keep on growin'!
Got them at a "local", 30min drive, nursery. Figured it would have been too late to start them from seed, so i just picked up the reaPer and bhut to save some time.

Hopefully these start to color up sometime in the next week or two.

Back